Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legg Lake

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Not so much anymore,I’m there once a week,they actually have a great group of officers who,patrol that lake.
    Cya Tuna Vic
    The first time that I fished Legg lake was at sunrise with my dad 1958 I think it was right after a trout stocking the day before. We both got limits that morning. I still have the reel I used that day but not the rod.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010098.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	51363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010099.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	51364

So maybe weekend mornings is the most safe? I will be going with my 7 year old so do not want any trouble at all

Quote Originally Posted by Alakai View Post
    So maybe weekend mornings is the most safe? I will be going with my 7 year old so do not want any trouble at all
    Please give a report of your experience there,I usually hit the south lake first,they all hold fish,but for some reason I seem to get bit there better. I would never recommend a lake to someone with a child if I didn’t think it was relatively safe, but you have to realize in the society we live in now,nowhere is totally safe,gas station,sports events,Trader Joes,ect,my son his wife and child were almost run over by the guy who took over the TJs a couple of days ago,we just have to be very diligent wherever we are ,take car have a good time and let us know how it went please!

Cya Tuna Vic

It's funny that in that last "City Parks Lakes" report, etucker1959 talked about landing nets, and I mentioned spending the night at a city park lake to fish for big catfish. Well it was actually Legg Lake and we did this several times. Legg Lake (the big lake) had some big Channel Catfish in it. I would never do this now and I am not saying it is ok to break the law and poach any closed waters. I was a crazy young fisherman just trying to have fun and catch some big fish.

To revive an old thread. I have been going to Legg nearly each month to go to Dan Hernandez's kids event. It's a neat thing to do but nobody has caught anything or had any bites since we have been going. They fish for bluegill in the very shallow.

I always see people fishing there but not seen anyone catch. I do hear "ghost" stories about catching all kinds of bass and fish in there but never seen anything pulled up myself

I caught my first dd at the LL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12