Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legg Lake

Default Legg Lake

I heard of a place called Legg Lake today in South El Monte. Anyone have any luck there?

Very kool model boat lake

U have to realize in general any lake u fish is only going to be as good as u are. If ur not that experienced and don’t know how to fish u will prob skunk and in return you’ll say the lake sucks but It might just be that you suck or vice versa u might be a good angler and do good so then the lake will be a good lake. It all comes down to the individual and if they learn that body of water in any lake not just this one in particular.

So are there many catfish in there? Other kinds of fish? I used to go to Cerritos lake and apparently the birds eat all the fish so not much in there

They eat them in Legg Lake also,mostly the trout,there are 3 lakes there. There’s the North lake,middle lake and the south lake,they all have fish,bluegill,bass,catfish,crappie,trout when stocked. When it gets hot,like now,it gets pretty thick with moss/algae and things slow down,the guys who know how to fish it can still produce some fish,you’ll have to check when they stock catfish which is the only thing they would be stocking this time of year.

Cya Tuna Vic

I grew up in Montebello and fished that lake regularly for many years. I heard a bunch of thugs hang out there and treat it like they own the lake and hassle people trying to fish. I'd also be worried about getting jacked there if you stay until dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    I grew up in Montebello and fished that lake regularly for many years. I heard a bunch of thugs hang out there and treat it like they own the lake and hassle people trying to fish. I'd also be worried about getting jacked there if you stay until dark.
    Not so much anymore,I’m there once a week,they actually have a great group of officers who,patrol that lake.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Not so much anymore,I’m there once a week,they actually have a great group of officers who,patrol that lake.
    Cya Tuna Vic
    Couple of rapes last summer, just pack some heat in case u get to some shady areas/
    Restrooms etc. similar to PECK RD LAKE bring ur gun to the knife fight if u need.....hhahaaaa

Agrees with Tunavic with all his info given. It is a rather tough lake for new visitors. Lots of fishing pressure. Though there are people in the know and are catching. You just have to spend the time to learn the lake. As far as I can tell, it is a fairly safe park, people jog there in the morning and are quite popular during the weekends. Many fellow fisherman are quite friendly there, especially if you're a catch and release person.

I Fished the double "L" at times its a good lake to learn and how to catch bass and how to watch your back there is some leggsters regulators that prowl for poachers and pedophiles, none the less its a fantastic lake . P.S don't eat the churros they pimp they'll do wonders to your backside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast