Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: San Diego -Shelter Island

Default San Diego -Shelter Island

Ok I'll share. Did some kayaking around shelter island. Launched at 6 am and nice weather. Flyfished for spotted bays and San Diego bay did not disappoint.

In the video, I just goofed around with music. Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOk5oyVGu2A

Nice video, anytime you get some bendo action that is a cool thing! Thanks for taking the time to film and upload - myself I usually can't do one thing right let alone two at the same time!

Nice Kayak and video Mike.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcrafter View Post
    Nice video, anytime you get some bendo action that is a cool thing! Thanks for taking the time to film and upload - myself I usually can't do one thing right let alone two at the same time!
    Best thing for starting out is to film with a Chesty or maybe a head mount with the GoPro. I do love my Hero6 for the voice command and most importantly the stabilization . For starters I would suggest filming at 1080p and at 24-48 fps. I think 60FPS is way to home video looking. I love using the 60FPS and up if I am going to be doing a lot of SloMo shots. Use the Gopro App "Quick Stories" to assist in the editing. Keep the video clips short at 10-15 seconds. Once you get more advanced, 4K is the way to go.

Most importantly keep the video short. 230 mins tops. Just show the load up, maybe a quick tie to the lure, a few fish catching shots and maybe a departure of some. Example, dinner, or beer at the end. Also take extra shots. This is known as B-Roll footage. Example of mine was the coffee. I actually took that shot about 5 months ago for another video. I never used the footage, but I know one day I will need it. Footage like that I can use over and over again for future vids.

Last but not least have fun with it.
    Last edited by WARRIORMIKE; 08-01-2018 at 10:01 AM.