Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good striper action off the dock

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Sounds like someone was fishing in the no fishing area. In general boat docks are off limits and that's where the biggest chance at getting caught on cables is but they are in the corners also but those are labeled no fishing also. Not judging if you were fishing the docks but the new guy out there is less forgiving than the old workers.
    No I was fishing in the legal spot

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    No I was fishing in the legal spot
    Too bad that's where the real fishing is, lol. I get a waver and yep I've lost a swimbait or 2 to those damn cables!

You've obviously never been there. You can pay a couple of bucks to fish off the docks. But I wouldn't keep or eat anything from there. They have warnings out about fish consumption from that lake.

Sounds like someone was fishing in the no fishing area. In general boat docks are off limits and that's where the biggest chance at getting caught on cables is but they are in the corners also but those are labeled no fishing also. Not judging if you were fishing the docks but the new guy out there is less forgiving than the old workers.
    At silverwood lake you are allowed to fish the docks. They opened up the ends now before you couldn’t fish the ends

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    At silverwood lake you are allowed to fish the docks. They opened up the ends now before you couldn’t fish the ends
    Interesting the ends have no fishing signs the docks where boats are have no fishing signs, but I guess I must be misinterpreting those signs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    You've obviously never been there. You can pay a couple of bucks to fish off the docks. But I wouldn't keep or eat anything from there. They have warnings out about fish consumption from that lake.
    Lol!!!!! The “docks” that you pay to fish with include only the furthest most dock that faces the open water and channel area. Now years gone by that was not exactly completely enforced. There most every day, lol I’ve never been there, thanks for the laugh!
    Last edited by seal; 08-06-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Lol!!!!! The “docks” that you pay to fish with include only the furthest most dock that faces the open water and channel area. Now years gone by that was not exactly completely enforced. There most every day, lol I’ve never been there, thanks for the laugh!
    Your answer's are normally "very clear!" (This one was pretty hard to follow) But I guess it's pretty hard to type while your completely laughing your arse off!!! Maybe one day this guy will comment on one of my park catfish threads and ask me, "If I ever caught a park catfish before?" lol If the guy didn't know, I've caught between 8,000- 10,000 park catfish in my life!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-06-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12