Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good striper action off the dock

Default Good striper action off the dock

So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.
    That you tube comment was totally uncalled for. That’s total bs. Keep your videos coming. Your videos are cool. I’ve never fished off the dock there at the wood. It’s a tuff lake for me. I have had luck in the past but not lately.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    That you tube comment was totally uncalled for. That’s total bs. Keep your videos coming. Your videos are cool. I’ve never fished off the dock there at the wood. It’s a tuff lake for me. I have had luck in the past but not lately.
    I know it was uncalled for. Do you have any recipes to cook dogs? Lol

I looked at some of those comments. The lake is getting overrun with stripers? LOL the lake is and has been overloaded with stripers and since they decided to put a general warning on striper consumption many think they shouldn't eat any. Use to be we just tossed the schoolies up on shore for the bobcats, bears and other wildlife to eat, use to be I'd never do that now.....

Nice vid guys,looked like a relaxing way to fish,I’ve only eaten striper once and thought it was pretty good,is there a size limit? Ok take care, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice vid guys,looked like a relaxing way to fish,I’ve only eaten striper once and thought it was pretty good,is there a size limit? Ok take care, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Down here there is none. But the limit is 10.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I looked at some of those comments. The lake is getting overrun with stripers? LOL the lake is and has been overloaded with stripers and since they decided to put a general warning on striper consumption many think they shouldn't eat any. Use to be we just tossed the schoolies up on shore for the bobcats, bears and other wildlife to eat, use to be I'd never do that now.....
    I remember when skinner had no limit on schoolies. But that was back in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?
    We were just dropping straight down off the dock. Are you talking about the cable that is a few off the dock when you reel in your line?

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Sounds like someone was fishing in the no fishing area. In general boat docks are off limits and that's where the biggest chance at getting caught on cables is but they are in the corners also but those are labeled no fishing also. Not judging if you were fishing the docks but the new guy out there is less forgiving than the old workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast