Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Good striper action off the dock

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Good striper action off the dock

    So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.
    That you tube comment was totally uncalled for. Thatís total bs. Keep your videos coming. Your videos are cool. Iíve never fished off the dock there at the wood. Itís a tuff lake for me. I have had luck in the past but not lately.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    That you tube comment was totally uncalled for. Thatís total bs. Keep your videos coming. Your videos are cool. Iíve never fished off the dock there at the wood. Itís a tuff lake for me. I have had luck in the past but not lately.
    I know it was uncalled for. Do you have any recipes to cook dogs? Lol

  4. #4

    Default

    I looked at some of those comments. The lake is getting overrun with stripers? LOL the lake is and has been overloaded with stripers and since they decided to put a general warning on striper consumption many think they shouldn't eat any. Use to be we just tossed the schoolies up on shore for the bobcats, bears and other wildlife to eat, use to be I'd never do that now.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whittier
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Nice vid guys,looked like a relaxing way to fish,I’ve only eaten striper once and thought it was pretty good,is there a size limit? Ok take care, thanks!

    Cya Tuna Vic

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice vid guys,looked like a relaxing way to fish,Iíve only eaten striper once and thought it was pretty good,is there a size limit? Ok take care, thanks!

    Cya Tuna Vic
    Down here there is none. But the limit is 10.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I looked at some of those comments. The lake is getting overrun with stripers? LOL the lake is and has been overloaded with stripers and since they decided to put a general warning on striper consumption many think they shouldn't eat any. Use to be we just tossed the schoolies up on shore for the bobcats, bears and other wildlife to eat, use to be I'd never do that now.....
    I remember when skinner had no limit on schoolies. But that was back in the 90s

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.
    I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?
    We were just dropping straight down off the dock. Are you talking about the cable that is a few off the dock when you reel in your line?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?
    Sounds like someone was fishing in the no fishing area. In general boat docks are off limits and that's where the biggest chance at getting caught on cables is but they are in the corners also but those are labeled no fishing also. Not judging if you were fishing the docks but the new guy out there is less forgiving than the old workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •