Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Skinner Small Mouth

Default Lake Skinner Small Mouth

I was out on Skinner Tuesday. Fishing was average at best. While floating over grass on the north side of the lake, I spotted what looked like to me to be about a 2.5# Small Mouth Bass.
    Does anyone know if they are in Skinner.

If you were fishing instead of floating you probably could have caught it and taken a picture.

I bet it came in through the inlet.

Bob, You know me. I'm better at floating than I am at fishing.

After a quick search, numerous websites confirmed a population of bronzebacks

Fishing down a lazy river??Now that's living the dream!!!

Anyone ever see crappie in Skinner?Seems like it could be a killer crappie lake.

Years ago you would hear of a crappie being caught, but that was 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Parks View Post
    Anyone ever see crappie in Skinner?Seems like it could be a killer crappie lake.
    stripers wiped them out

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    stripers wiped them out
    During the early to mid 1990’s there was a good population of nice sized crappie in Skinner at the east end. When beavers were in the lake back then they built nice crappie habitat at the very back. We used to catch some really nice sized ones