Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: New to casting at Castaic

Default New to casting at Castaic

Hey Everyone! Just got back into fishing! Castaic lake is the closet location to fish for me, was trying to find a parking spot where I do not have to pay the fee to enter the recreation area. However, after driving around I did not see one. My question is, is there any where to park for free in order to cast from the lake shore or the dam itself? Do you know any tackle shops in the Santa Clarita area to find gear other then Big 5 and Walmart? Feed me your knowledge!! oh, also since I don't have a boat any tips on shore spots would be much appreciated!

You mean fishing? Not casting. Go to Tackle Express in Canyon Country. You can fish the lagoon for free if you go in the early evening when the parking attendant goes home. The incoming gate is locked around 8:00 I think, but the outgoing stays open all night so you can get out. Better not to be cheap and paying for an annual pass. It's a bargain if you want to go often. Otherwise, you might as well go somewhere free like Lake Balboa or Rancho Simi Park. You might want to consider using a guide to show you some good spots.

We also have Dicks Sporting Goods, but the Tackle Express guys are very knowledgeable and cool.

You can also go to Hansen Dam to practice casting if your looking for free parking.