Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shad/minnow crawdad net?

Default Shad/minnow crawdad net?

Where is the best place to buy a good-strong shad net with a long handle? And price-wise?..$

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Where is the best place to buy a good-strong shad net with a long handle? And price-wise?..$
    If you can source one, look for an ARC net if you want success.

When it comes to shad nets, you get what you pay for.

The less expensive models are smaller, and don't come with netting that won't scare the shad the moment it gets put underwater. (Notice the near invisible net that the ARC Net has, compared to the cheaper models)

I really don't need it for shad, I should have clarified that. So it doesn't need to be clear netting. And I don't want to spend $200 plus on a net! I am mainly using it for crawdads.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I really don't need it for shad, I should have clarified that. So it doesn't need to be clear netting. And I don't want to spend $200 plus on a net! I am mainly using it for crawdads.
    Ahh!

Then all you need is a few items and a Home Depot run to make yourself a crawdad net.

And if you have patience, all you need is a stick, a string, and a chunk of your favorite Oscar Meyer hot dog.

Just get a crawdad trap instead. Not as hard work. You can get one from Cabela's for $8. Just tie a rope on it, bait it up, toss it in and leave it overnight. Should be plenty.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Frab...E&gclsrc=aw.ds