Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Bear middle of July

Quick update: we stayed in Boulder Bay part of the lake (lakefront cabin). Weather was great - high 70s during the day and cooling off after 3pm. With 2 and a 5 year old, I didn't get much fishing. Tried for trout off the dock by the cabin and didn't get any bites on powerbait. Ended up catching and releasing a lot of carp. My 5 year old had a great time pulling one in - so hopefully she will continue to like to fish.

Lot of weeds around the shore and if it wasn't for the dock, even carp would be hard to pull in.

I brought a couple of crawfish traps and kids enjoyed pulling them out and throwing back. Cooked some nice crawfish and overall great time. Time flew by and soon we were heading back home.

Quote Originally Posted by rusn007 View Post
    Quick update: we stayed in Boulder Bay part of the lake (lakefront cabin). Weather was great - high 70s during the day and cooling off after 3pm. With 2 and a 5 year old, I didn't get much fishing. Tried for trout off the dock by the cabin and didn't get any bites on powerbait. Ended up catching and releasing a lot of carp. My 5 year old had a great time pulling one in - so hopefully she will continue to like to fish.

Lot of weeds around the shore and if it wasn't for the dock, even carp would be hard to pull in.

I brought a couple of crawfish traps and kids enjoyed pulling them out and throwing back. Cooked some nice crawfish and overall great time. Time flew by and soon we were heading back home.
    Sounds like you had a great time

sub'd to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by pandes View Post
    sub'd to this thread
    Did recon of the area yesterday. Saw handful of fishermen by the dam, but
    No fish seen. Water looks like Pea soup and smells bad a bit. Local guy said they don’t
    Eat the fish from there right now. Also no snow last winter =super low level. Boulder bay practically
    Dried up with many docks on grass now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12