Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Very good catfishing at Guasti

Default Very good catfishing at Guasti

Well this spring for me has been pretty tough. The ocean was good to me and Izzy but the other body's of water were very stingy. So going back to the basic's in the way of pond catfishing was a good feel good story. Before I get started I want to give a disclaimer. You can't just pick any day and expect a good result. If you can, "you must be a pied piper to fish!" We stacked the deck and hand picked this fishing trip. So if you want a good result you must follow this formula. They will start in 2 weeks with weekly stocking of catfish. (on Thursday at noon) Yes you can fish on Thursday there. So fishing on Thursday you will find some stupid and hungry fish to catch.

We fished the small lake and just about everybody who fished the West end of the lake caught fish. (some fool even caught 10 and kept them all) The hot spot was the West end and especially the North West corner. I caught my limit on Power bait and Meal worms on a bobber. (I know unconventional) But if you fished with Mackerel or Shrimp on a Carolina rig you caught fish. Going 2 or 3 day's from now might be a tough deal, so be warned if you go. I'll be going back in a couple of weeks, so if there is a pattern, I'll report back then.

Till then tight lines!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-05-2018 at 08:42 PM.