Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing Location Recommendations

Default Fishing Location Recommendations

Hello Fellow Fishermen,

I recently moved down here to the Inland Empire area, and I want to get back into freshwater fishing. Since it's also going to be Free Fishing weekend, where would you all recommend I go to? I am primarily interested in targeting Bass and Catfish, but other species are welcomed as well. In terms of distance, I would like to stay within 1 or 1.5 hours from Pomona, if possible. Also, I have a front-wheel drive vehicle, so please recommend places that I can get to safely and easily. Thank you in advance:)

Default free fish day

Quote Originally Posted by jkhang View Post
    Hello Fellow Fishermen,

I recently moved down here to the Inland Empire area, and I want to get back into freshwater fishing. Since it's also going to be Free Fishing weekend, where would you all recommend I go to? I am primarily interested in targeting Bass and Catfish, but other species are welcomed as well. In terms of distance, I would like to stay within 1 or 1.5 hours from Pomona, if possible. Also, I have a front-wheel drive vehicle, so please recommend places that I can get to safely and easily. Thank you in advance:)
    Its only free fishing on Saturday July 7th....not Sunday.... I'd drive up to silverwood lake and pay $3 and fish from the marina...

Ditto on Lake Silverwood....Perris will be a Zoo!

Cool, I'll look into Lake Silverwood. Are there any others that you would recommend as well? Thank you:)

Santa Fe dam hike to the back of the lake throw baits towards the island.

Thanks Chucky; I'll take that into consideration as well.

Silverwood is good right now for stripers and catfish. But you guys forgot the pudd it’s right there. 2 years ago I got 2 bass on jackal swimbait both were over 3lbs got it on video too. It was in July too. Here is the video of that trip.

If you are in the IE, Rancho Jurupa Park regularly stocks catfish. The Park will tell you the days, and usually folks are lined up on the
    Thursday morning of a "stocking" week. It's "pay to play" and can be crowded, but it is close, clean, and you don't need to worry about finding the windows smashed out of your car when you get back to it. I also believe Cucamonga Guasti stocks catfish, but have not been there in years.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations; I appreciate it. Unfortunately, it was too hot, so I didn't go. But, I will keep these locations in mind when it gets cooler.