Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Fishing Perris

Default Sunday Fishing Perris

Will be on the lake when it opens on Sunday. Have not seen many recent posts on the LMB fishing? Looking forward to seeing the new areas of the lake underwater! Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

I went on the 19th and didn't have any luck on the bass. I caught my 1st redear sunfish to beat the skunk. Guessing it was around 1lb and kind of small compared to the others I saw. Once I figured out they were literally spawning as I was watching I left them alone to do their thing. I did take a short video of them in 7ft of water. Water was pretty clear in that area with 8-9ft of visibility.

Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times is the best advice I can give you. With the high water level and the heat it'll probably be crowded on Sunday.

kenmitch,
    Thank you for the info. Have my fingers crossed. With Diamond closed it will be a zoo!

Thanks kenmitch for leaving the spawning Redears alone with their spawning. So many people throw out and even drag their anchors and chains through the spawning beds ruining them for any future fish. I've seen them do it on spawning bass beds too. No one needs to anchor in these shallow areas. Tie up to a tree or drift or use a trolling motor. Sometimes you get more fish by drifting anyway.

Went on the 29th caught a couple largies nothing big nor 30+ bass like Pete Marino always claims.

3 of us on the boat. Buoys everywhere by the dam and with the water up near full pool, many areas in the Sail Cove area now off limits to boats. Fished the dam to start the day working north to south. We had about 15 fish for the morning there with the largest about 2 1/2 lbs. and one nice red ear all caught on drop shot. Not much luck along the east shore below the intake. Headed down to the east end and picked up a few more alone the way to the backside of the island. Big fish was about 3lbs. and we ended up with a little over 20 fish for the day. Left at 2pm. Wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. Concerned about the narrow area around the island that now has boats traveling at 60+mph and kids off the towable devices in the water. Looks like an accident waiting to happen.

BillyBass,

Thanks for your report. I haven't been to Perris in quit a while. Last time was when they started filling it back up and before they allowed the 35 mph around the island, (no one just goes 35 mph). As you indicated it is just a matter of time before someone is killed by an idiot traveling 50 - 60 mph around the island. I haven't seen a lake patrol at Perris in over a year. If Perris was owned by a private company, the lawsuits would put them out of business the first time someone was killed!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    BillyBass,

Thanks for your report. I haven't been to Perris in quit a while. Last time was when they started filling it back up and before they allowed the 35 mph around the island, (no one just goes 35 mph). As you indicated it is just a matter of time before someone is killed by an idiot traveling 50 - 60 mph around the island. I haven't seen a lake patrol at Perris in over a year. If Perris was owned by a private company, the lawsuits would put them out of business the first time someone was killed!

I agree. We go most weekends, and last week was the first time I've seen the police on the water this year. There were far more police pulling people over inside the park. By the way Billy Bass, I'd say you did well. Last time out a couple of weeks ago, we scratched for 3.

Wow...hating much?? "Like Pete Marino always claims".... I never lie on my numbers of bass we catch.. sorry to disappoint.

Haters gonna hate I guess haha... funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Wow...hating much?? "Like Pete Marino always claims".... I never lie on my numbers of bass we catch.. sorry to disappoint.

Haters gonna hate I guess haha... funny.
    Those of us that have been out with you know the truth. That's all that matters.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast