Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What brand is this rod?

Default What brand is this rod?

Hey a few years back my wife bought this rod for me at some yardsale. It's 11 or 12ft and collapsible. I tried the Google but nothing came up. And is it any good. I don't do any surf fishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180626_091717.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	51258  

Run it and see how it works. Label means nada.

it could be decent i think the japanese make some decent rods like that. the catfish and carp dude on youtube loves his japanese collapsible poles. the main thing about those poles is you can take them somewhere where carrying big poles might not be ideal. but packing that and a reel in a back pack you can go pretty much anywhere. the bad thing i always see those type broke on the shorelines but i dont think people realize when you get snagged you cant treat those like a normal pole you have to grab line and free it and not use pole to get out snags or they break easy.

Cool rod I like it.

Love the old school Fuji plate type reel seat.

It looks like an old Japanese telescopic carp rod.

Thanks guys might bring this behemoth to Quail Lake.

i think you should do some more research on it though what if its some vintage japanese pole that is worth some nice cash. the finish on it still looks really good. they are known for quality product even back in the days. and there is some money in vintage fishing gear believe it or not. ill try to deciper what it say.. i think it say pawa kiyasuda..but i have no clue where to find out if its good or not. its funny too i guess its kinda written in japanese based of foreign words. katakana
    so the pawa def means power..
    the kiyasuda i have no clue..
    though i could be wrong also lol.
    i think yasuda is also a surname so maybe it has to do with where it was made. or the guy who made it ki yasuda im not sure really lol kinda guessing still cool cya
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 06-27-2018 at 07:42 PM.

It has this little silver sticker on the back of it. And that was the reel that was on it I know the reel doesn't mean much and could be changed but it's a old one before Shakespeare went Walmart on us. Hope this helps anyone help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180629_051151.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	51267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180629_051228.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	51268  

nice rod