Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Excellent Yellowtail fishing on the Mission Belle

Default Excellent Yellowtail fishing on the Mission Belle

Went fishing to the Coronado Islands with a couple of friends and caught lot's fish and had a real good time!

THE END
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-22-2018 at 05:03 AM.

Ha,quite the short report,to busy cleaning the tails,or just worn out? I’ll be looking forward to a more detailed report soon,I know you got it in ya!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Ha,quite the short report,to busy cleaning the tails,or just worn out? I’ll be looking forward to a more detailed report soon,I know you got it in ya!

Cya Tuna Vic
    I'm going to try to write 2 formats of the same report. The short version is just the who what and where! Those people who don't like to read long winded story's, can just read the short version of the trip. (kinda like our President) lol Those who want as much useful information as possible, can read the Long version of the story. So I'm sorta working out how much information the short version people really want and can absorb! I should have added we caught 28 Yellowtail between the 3 of us. (they were on the smaller side though)

I prefer the long versions myself. I used to write very detailed fishing reports for this site in fact.

I find very short reports to be very sketchy in information (although in this case, once the person gets on the boat, I guess all that will be taken care of by the crew), are often useless to other people wanting to catch fish, and sometimes amount to nothing more than bragging

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I prefer the long versions myself. I used to write very detailed fishing reports for this site in fact.

I find very short reports to be very sketchy in information (although in this case, once the person gets on the boat, I guess all that will be taken care of by the crew), are often useless to other people wanting to catch fish, and sometimes amount to nothing more than bragging
    Some people like Tea and some people like coffee! The beauty of it is, "I can now write 2 reports" with some zingers in one and pretty straight forward in the other one! lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm going to try to write 2 formats of the same report. The short version is just the who what and where! Those people who don't like to read long winded story's, can just read the short version of the trip. (kinda like our President) lol Those who want as much useful information as possible, can read the Long version of the story. So I'm sorta working out how much information the short version people really want and can absorb! I should have added we caught 28 Yellowtail between the 3 of us. (they were on the smaller side though)
    Ok ok,let’s say I’ll take the in between,I don’t like the long drawn out version,but I certainly like all the info and side highlights,but have at this point enjoyed the majority of your reports,and Glenn is one of many of my favorite people so I like to hear his buddies reports! Keep em comin etucker!
    Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Ok ok,let’s say I’ll take the in between,I don’t like the long drawn out version,but I certainly like all the info and side highlights,but have at this point enjoyed the majority of your reports,and Glenn is one of many of my favorite people so I like to hear his buddies reports! Keep em comin etucker!
    Cya Tuna Vic
    A lot of people in the past have seighed away from that run to the Coronado Islands. (To far and too expensive) Well things have gotten a lot better except for the price. Half the boats now have bunks available, RSW are on all the boats and they sped the speed up to get to the Islands quicker. From the time you cleared the harbor, it's only an hour and half to the Middle grounds. These small details if included in a fish report, might make someone more interested in giving it a try one day. To put things in prospective on how good the fishing was, the captain apologized for stopping on schools of log Barracuda. (he thought they were Yellowtail on the meter)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-23-2018 at 10:49 PM.