Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3rd Grip or other rod holster availability

Default 3rd Grip or other rod holster availability

Hi there,

I've just got into surf fishing and this is an invaluable piece of gear that I can't seem to find. I seen pictures of many people using them on this forum so I have hope. I'm having to lay my precious Shimano Calucutta down in the sand to handle the fish and remove hooks.

I've only found ones made in China, on Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay, tomtom, etc., which is fine but these I've found are also shipping from China.

I'm surprised that I can't find one company in the US that makes these things.

Can anyone refer me to a product or method that you use for having a second rod or holstering a single rod to be hands-free?

Thanks!

The company went out of business.
    You have to find em on Ebay, like you already have or a private party.

Good Luck

make one.. with pvc and some straps, im not sure how big your pole is.. i know some surf rods are beast.. i have a backpack i use to ride motorcycle that i take fishing but it has a strap around the waist and chest to help secure it. so not just the arm straps.. but ya i get lazy when i do weightless so ill put bottom of pole through strap on waist and it holds my pole so if i want to smoke a bowl or smoke a cig or drink i can, without having to put pole down..
    i shorebang a lot. so i use cheap gear.. i dont want to have expensive gear that i will be too scared to damage when i fish. or maybe just do something easy carry a ziploc bag in your pocket that will fit over your reel. if catch and have to drop pole just put bag over reel and set it down.
    they also have cheap metal ones at walmart that you just stick in ground wherever you can, at beach is prob super easy, with small rock shore its a pain. but ya those work also and easy to carry in a pack ect.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 06-20-2018 at 07:47 PM.

I"m so bummed. I was able to find someone who had one and bought it. I used it twice and loved it. Then my truck was stolen a week later (last Friday). Most of my tackle, all my lures, surf belt, fish grip, pliers, waders, 3rd grip, etc. was in the truck.

If any one has one they want to sell let me know. I live in the L.A/O.C area.

by the grace of God I still have my rods/reels.

~plao

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg661420 View Post
    make one.. with pvc and some straps, .
    Yeah It looks easy. I might have access to a small sewing machine. I've actually looked at gun holsters that are same nylon material, the leg/thigh kind and just insert a piece of pvc/plastic tubing. Essentially the same thing.

I agree. I have one and it is great. Probably will last a lifetime given how rugged they are. Mine is not for sale but wish you the best in finding one. They work a treat to keep the gear from lying on the sand.