Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Is this my comeback report? Castaic Lagoon last week

Default Is this my comeback report? Castaic Lagoon last week

Been years since ive posted to this site. Long story short, ive made alot of moves in the last few years and now im here to share knowledge with all you people. Im going to provide you with good reports, however its up to you guys to take the information I share and put it to use. I will not be providing you with exact baits, location, etc.. but i will provide you with information regarding the bite. So lets get started.

I fished the lagoon last week 6/11, 12, and 16.
    Water temp mid to high 70s.
    Water clarity 1-2 ft
    Fishing- excellent. Caught 20 6/11 between 2 people in 4 hrs. Caught 11 6/12, solo mission 4 hrs Caught 16 6/16 between 2 people 8 hrs. The moon phase and weather came together perfectly for a great bite at the beginning of the week and tapered off to a slow bite with the cold front that came in on saturday. Got a few 4 lbrs, biggest was 5. Lost a giant.
    Shad and fry on the menu. Found biting fish from 2 ft - 10 ft of water. Marked fish as deep as 30 ft (didnt look any deeper).

Go get them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180619-032433_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	51237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180619-032410_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	852 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	51238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180619-032348_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	51239  
    Last edited by jeff4321; 06-19-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Nice!! I have a question that's not necessarily just for the OP. On launching a boat on the lower lagoon are their any different restrictions then on the Main lake?

Same restrictions apply, except you are not allowed to use gas motors on the lower lake except for putting your boat onto the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Nice!! I have a question that's not necessarily just for the OP. On launching a boat on the lower lagoon are their any different restrictions then on the Main lake?
    Please take note of this fishing report. Detail is excellent and tells you all you need to know oh and it isn't 5 paragraphs and 100's of words long, hint hint.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Please take note of this fishing report. Detail is excellent and tells you all you need to know oh and it isn't 5 paragraphs and 100's of words long, hint hint.
    Seal if you weren't around giving me a hard time, I think I would have to kill myself!!!! lol

Let me tell you what happened to me last weekend while fishing for Catfish at Irvine Regional park. A gentlemen I didn't know but has observed my Mad Cat fishing skills of the past struck up a conversation with me. In talking to him, a conversation arose about the power of local authority's to change Fish and Game regulations. In doing my best Jail House Lawyer imitation about the subject. (I mentioned to him I had a lot of practice of arguing on the Internet) He asked, "you don't go by etucker" do you??? I said, "Yes I do!!!" You talk the way you write and I think you're just "GREAT!!!"

Wow an admiring fan!!!!

He said, I agree with you most of the time. But you will never convince those other people of anything you believe in. (even though they are wrong almost 100% of the time) I told him, I'm not even trying to convince them of anything. (their too hard headed to ever see the truth) I'm speaking to the 300 non members who are log into at any one time on FNN. Maybe one of them might actually learn something from hearing both sides of an argument. That's who I'm trying to convince with my logic.

In answering Seal's question directly about brevity is the way to go on fish reports. My answer to that is remember the Golden Rule? He who own's the Gold (writes the fish reports) makes the rules!!!! lol lol lol

p.s. My apologies to the OP for a bit of a thread jack. We should have taken it outside on one of my fish reports. But these other people just look for any chance they get to zing me!!! They wouldn't even had to wait very long, I'm trying to go ocean fishing tomorrow or the next day!!! (look for my report) I'll be suuuuure to make it as long as possible!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-20-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff4321 View Post
    Been years since ive posted to this site. Long story short, ive made alot of moves in the last few years and now im here to share knowledge with all you people. Im going to provide you with good reports, however its up to you guys to take the information I share and put it to use. I will not be providing you with exact baits, location, etc.. but i will provide you with information regarding the bite. So lets get started.

I fished the lagoon last week 6/11, 12, and 16.
    Water temp mid to high 70s.
    Water clarity 1-2 ft
    Fishing- excellent. Caught 20 6/11 between 2 people in 4 hrs. Caught 11 6/12, solo mission 4 hrs Caught 16 6/16 between 2 people 8 hrs. The moon phase and weather came together perfectly for a great bite at the beginning of the week and tapered off to a slow bite with the cold front that came in on saturday. Got a few 4 lbrs, biggest was 5. Lost a giant.
    Shad and fry on the menu. Found biting fish from 2 ft - 10 ft of water. Marked fish as deep as 30 ft (didnt look any deeper).

Go get them.
    Hey Jeff let me guess.....it was all on topwater???? :p

All on nightcrawlers on a 1/0 ewg with 1 oz flipping weight