Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Could Trump become President for Life?

We just found out that he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    LOL! You could have the GREATEST democratic Presedent and they are not gonna care. Then in an alternate universe where that same president was a republican, the same guys would praise him/her. Vice versa too, Worst president who happens to be a democrat, and flip the parties and the same people would praise him.
    There have always been and always will be those who are happy and who are not happy with the current style of government. And there is another category: political fanatics. So they will tear their shirt on for their blind convictions, ignoring all the troubles that arise because of the decisions made by the president.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    LOL! You could have the GREATEST democratic Presedent and they are not gonna care. Then in an alternate universe where that same president was a republican, the same guys would praise him/her. Vice versa too, Worst president who happens to be a democrat, and flip the parties and the same people would praise him.
    There have always been and always will be those who are happy and who are not happy with the current style of government. And there is another category: political fanatics. So they will tear their shirt on for their blind convictions, ignoring all the troubles that arise because of the decisions made by the president.

etuckr1959 don' stop this thread. Interesting read for me. I am just worried about my personal money in the future that I earned being taken away from me. Come on man lets keep this thread going.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    etuckr1959 don' stop this thread. Interesting read for me. I am just worried about my personal money in the future that I earned being taken away from me. Come on man lets keep this thread going.
    Ok, I'll keep it alive! Lol

This week alone I heard one of the MSNBC anchor say, "Trump was just 1 corrupt election official away from being President for life!" I heard that and said, "WOW!" A smarter and more sophisticated politician in the future, maybe could pull it off one day! I never in my wildest dreams before Donald Trump, I ever thought that would have been possible in the United States! Remember the only way to get rid of a corrupt President is through Impeachment!

Just look at the 2nd Impeachment trial going on right now! The House managers are doing a great job of proving their case! Yet it's now Donald Trumps attorneys turn to make their case and it looks like their going to just mumble some words and that's it! (Yet he will still be acquitted!) What does that tell you about our system of government in the future? Not looking good folks!!!!

I don't know how closely some of you folks are following the 2nd Impeachment trial going on in the Senate, but I'll give you some of the highlights. Trumps own attorneys starting off by saying, "the House managers made a great case!" Trump was so mad, "he wanted to fire them on the spot!" They will be given 16 hours over 2 day's to make their defensive case to defend Trump. Yet they told the Senate they will only use 3 hours the first the day and that should be enough time to make their case! In an normal trial, they should easily lose their case! Yet the fix was in and everybody already knows Trump will be acquitted! See how fragile our frame works are in keeping a guy out of becoming President for life???? It really could happen!

It's the Republican party so far, has proven it's the corrupt party were that could happen! Don't think I'm some lifelong Democrat who hates the Republicans from the time I was in the womb! I voted Republican up until Little Bush and I'm still a member of the Republican party! I just would never think of voting that way again, unless something changes dramatically! Even John McCain campaign manager switched party's this year and became a Democrat! He said, "he's a single issue voter!" The Democrats are the party of Democracy and the Republicans are not! That's pretty harsh words coming from that man, but the facts are the facts!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-12-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Yep. Trump was acquitted. The jury was rigged and we knew that from the beginning. Plus, the 2/3 criteria for impeachment is too difficult to reach. I was actually surprised that as many Republicans voted to impeach Trump as did so.

I disagree with the MSNBC anchor though. I think it would take a lot more than one corrupt election official to change the outcome of an election like that which wasn't very close. However, this entire episode is evidence for the need to get rid of the Electoral College. It makes elections seem close even when they are not, and capricious depending on who wins a few close states.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 02-14-2021 at 07:34 PM.

you sound like one of the legion of pinky now

impeachment never has been about majority rule ,or justice

only parliamentary procedure based on senate rules, purely a political action

so i believe in their wisdom the founding fathers set the standard to almost unattainable levels so this wouldn't happen every 2 years

the impeachment never had a chance with the evidence presented

it was all about the media and theater in the streets

simply put
    reelection has more morality than truth or patriotisms

Well, Trump lost his reelection, and his refusal to accept that is what caused his attempted coup and insurrection in the first place. At least this impeachment put most Republicans in Congress on the record as excusing Trump's clearly criminal behavior.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 02-15-2021 at 03:35 PM.

somehow you missed out on the rules of procedure that where presented pre impeachment
    that being that the proceeding was unconstitutional that motion was defeated with 45 pinkites voting that it was

so being strict constitutionist many of those 45 felt that pinky was guilty as hell but protected by the constitution
    because the impeachment procedurally was it's self illegal
    that's their out
    they really wanted to find him guilty
    but they are politician's not patriots

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    somehow you missed out on the rules of procedure that where presented pre impeachment
    that being that the proceeding was unconstitutional that motion was defeated with 45 pinkites voting that it was

so being strict constitutionist many of those 45 felt that pinky was guilty as hell but protected by the constitution
    because the impeachment procedurally was it's self illegal
    that's their out
    they really wanted to find him guilty
    but they are politician's not patriots
    I'm not an expert on impeachment, but let's face the facts. There are election results that were not won by Trump. There is a general discontent of a huge number of people with the current situation. What is the meaning of all this? After all, if you look at the initial essence of the elections, it is not difficult to remember that the one whom people trusted was elected. We choose the one in whose decisions we believe. What is the point of challenging your right with such distrust on the part of the population? Of course, I'm now saying some unviable things, because such shameless people like Trump cling to power to the last and they will always have supporters, those who benefit from his presidency. But it's not far before the civil war!

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast