Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 371 to 379 of 379

Thread: Could Trump become President for Life?

  1. #371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    LOL, let's provide the context question to him was " are you concerned about covid and he responded, I'm not close to them....have you heard poochie, there was a freedom of assembly with all the BLM and I guess all the left wing quacks were okay with that since they didn't really speak out against the peaceful protests does that mean that they were okay with them dying of covid too?? Damn that's all you got? what a tool. Project much pooch??
    Ok numb nuts, if he understands the importance of being a safe distance from individuals without masks, why doesn't he tell his sheep the same thing? Is this another example of "Do as I say, not as I do?"

    But anyway, you never respond to anything and your feeble brain defaults to deflecting to BLM, so moving on....

    https://www.chron.com/news/article/Pro-Trump-group-pays-teens-to-post-online-15569883.php


    This "Fake News" is a doozie.

  2. #372

    Default

    So poochie and the rest of you numbnuts who are screaming...it's science because the researchers did research on it....wadda ya think, is this true or do you only date Mr lefty on friday and mr. righty on saturday?? Studies.. research... bahwahahha



    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wome...153340488.html

  3. #373
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    150

    Default

    So the point to your link? OH, you have none.

    Dance with me for a change.

    Bring your gameface on, d!cknose. Seems, you didn't learn, and I will be here for a while.

  4. #374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    So poochie and the rest of you numbnuts who are screaming...it's science because the researchers did research on it....wadda ya think, is this true or do you only date Mr lefty on friday and mr. righty on saturday?? Studies.. research... bahwahahha



    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wome...153340488.html

    So by your logic, all science is untrue because of the link you posted. That is ... something.

    How you walk outside without running into oncoming traffic amazes me.

    So, in what case science and research correct? When it fits your narrative?



    On a side note, every time you post, it reminds me of the fallacies we learned in Intro to Logic.

    https://philosophy.hku.hk/think/fallacy/list.php

    You can see every argument you have fit in one of these categories. I wonder what category your retort will fit in next.

  5. #375

    Default

    Welp, let's see if we can apply these same logic to your FAKE NEWS arguments...

    ad hominem
    A theory is discarded not because of any evidence against it or lack of evidence for it, but because of the person who argues for it. Example:
    A: The Government should enact minimum-wage legislation so that workers are not exploited.
    B: Nonsense. You say that only because you cannot find a good job.

    NO.... not because ou can't find a job but because it would cause a domino effect and crash the economy by putting small businesses out of business....FAIL

    ad ignorantiam (appeal to ignorance)
    The truth of a claim is established only on the basis of lack of evidence against it. A simple obvious example of such fallacy is to argue that unicorns exist because there is no evidence against such a claim. At first sight it seems that many theories that we describe as scientific involve such a fallacy. E.g. the first law of thermodynamics holds because so far there has not been any negative instance that would serve as evidence against it. But notice, as in cases like this, there is evidence for the law, namely positive instances. Notice also that this fallacy does not apply to situations where there are only two rival claims and one has already been falsified, then we may justly establish the truth of the other even if we cannot find evidence for or against it.
    OKay... studies shows that the one guy who caught Covid 19 from Sturgis and died from it, there are going to be 260K people infected from the super spreader event... because there's no evidence that these claims didn't happen then it should be true? LOL FAIL


    ad misericordiam (appeal to pity)
    In offering an argument, pity is appealed to. Usually this happens when people argue for special treatment on the basis of their need. E.g. a student argues that the teacher should let him/her pass the examination because he/she needs it in order to graduate. Of course, pity might be a relevant consideration in certain conditions, as in contexts involving charity.
    ad populum (appeal to popularity)
    But think about all the hundreds of thousands of people dying, that can't all be made up, think about the elderly and be more considerate of your fellow human beings...look at all the racism by cops and all the institutional racism over the years, shouldn't there be some repatriation? FAIL

    The truth of a claim is established only on the basis of its popularity and familiarity. This is the fallacy committed by many commercials. Surely you have heard of commercials implying that we should buy a certain product because it has made to the top of a sales rank, or because the brand is the city's "favourite".

    BUT, BUT all the experts and scientists are saying it's true, it's the "popular" opinion!! FAIL.

    Complex question or loaded question
    A question is posed in such a way that a person, no matter what answer he/she gives to the question, will inevitably commit him/herself to some other claim, which should not be presupposed in the context in question.

    A common tactic is to ask a yes-no question that tricks people to agree to something they never intended to say. For example, if you are asked "Are you still as self-centred as you used to be?", then no matter you answer "yes" or "no", you are bound to admit that you were self-centred in the past. Of course, the same question would not count as a fallacy if the presupposition of the question is indeed accepted in the conversational context.

    How you walk outside without running into oncoming traffic amazes me.

    Do you care about anyone else or only about yourself when you don't wear a mask? FAIL

    Damn, FAKE news blown to smithereens again...haha



    On a side note, every time you post, it reminds me of the fallacies we learned in Intro to Logic.

    https://philosophy.hku.hk/think/fallacy/list.php

    You can see every argument you have fit in one of these categories. I wonder what category your retort will fit in next.[/QUOTE]

  6. #376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Welp, let's see if we can apply these same logic to your FAKE NEWS arguments...
    Wait, are you are attacking the examples posted to explain each fallacy? Nobody has claimed the arguments being used as examples as true, they are just there to explain how they are examples logical fallacies.

    And here you are trying to argue those! You are using straw man arguments, to argue against examples of straw man arguments.



    At this point, I've realized you can't fix stupid. Carry on SteelPlate! There should be a BLM article here soon for you to deflect with.

  7. #377

    Default

    Darn do you always just run with the headlines before reading.. I used actual fake news examples of yours...in summary none of your FAKE NEWS passed your logic test... Way to go, I really got burned there pooch. Nahhh you still didn't score any points with anybody.





    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Wait, are you are attacking the examples posted to explain each fallacy? Nobody has claimed the arguments being used as examples as true, they are just there to explain how they are examples logical fallacies.

    And here you are trying to argue those! You are using straw man arguments, to argue against examples of straw man arguments.



    At this point, I've realized you can't fix stupid. Carry on SteelPlate! There should be a BLM article here soon for you to deflect with.
    Last edited by steelhead; 09-16-2020 at 03:48 PM.

  8. #378
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Welp, let's see if we can apply these same logic to your FAKE NEWS arguments...

    ad hominem
    A theory is discarded not because of any evidence against it or lack of evidence for it, but because of the person who argues for it. Example:
    A: The Government should enact minimum-wage legislation so that workers are not exploited.
    B: Nonsense. You say that only because you cannot find a good job.

    NO.... not because ou can't find a job but because it would cause a domino effect and crash the economy by putting small businesses out of business....FAIL

    ad ignorantiam (appeal to ignorance)
    The truth of a claim is established only on the basis of lack of evidence against it. A simple obvious example of such fallacy is to argue that unicorns exist because there is no evidence against such a claim. At first sight it seems that many theories that we describe as scientific involve such a fallacy. E.g. the first law of thermodynamics holds because so far there has not been any negative instance that would serve as evidence against it. But notice, as in cases like this, there is evidence for the law, namely positive instances. Notice also that this fallacy does not apply to situations where there are only two rival claims and one has already been falsified, then we may justly establish the truth of the other even if we cannot find evidence for or against it.
    OKay... studies shows that the one guy who caught Covid 19 from Sturgis and died from it, there are going to be 260K people infected from the super spreader event... because there's no evidence that these claims didn't happen then it should be true? LOL FAIL


    ad misericordiam (appeal to pity)
    In offering an argument, pity is appealed to. Usually this happens when people argue for special treatment on the basis of their need. E.g. a student argues that the teacher should let him/her pass the examination because he/she needs it in order to graduate. Of course, pity might be a relevant consideration in certain conditions, as in contexts involving charity.
    ad populum (appeal to popularity)
    But think about all the hundreds of thousands of people dying, that can't all be made up, think about the elderly and be more considerate of your fellow human beings...look at all the racism by cops and all the institutional racism over the years, shouldn't there be some repatriation? FAIL

    The truth of a claim is established only on the basis of its popularity and familiarity. This is the fallacy committed by many commercials. Surely you have heard of commercials implying that we should buy a certain product because it has made to the top of a sales rank, or because the brand is the city's "favourite".

    BUT, BUT all the experts and scientists are saying it's true, it's the "popular" opinion!! FAIL.

    Complex question or loaded question
    A question is posed in such a way that a person, no matter what answer he/she gives to the question, will inevitably commit him/herself to some other claim, which should not be presupposed in the context in question.

    A common tactic is to ask a yes-no question that tricks people to agree to something they never intended to say. For example, if you are asked "Are you still as self-centred as you used to be?", then no matter you answer "yes" or "no", you are bound to admit that you were self-centred in the past. Of course, the same question would not count as a fallacy if the presupposition of the question is indeed accepted in the conversational context.

    How you walk outside without running into oncoming traffic amazes me.

    Do you care about anyone else or only about yourself when you don't wear a mask? FAIL

    Damn, FAKE news blown to smithereens again...haha



    On a side note, every time you post, it reminds me of the fallacies we learned in Intro to Logic.

    You can see every argument you have fit in one of these categories. I wonder what category your retort will fit in next.
    [/QUOTE]

    You're just mad because you don't have a Harley and couldn't find a bear to ride b!tch with.

  9. #379

    Default

    Keep those dreams to yourself, stop projecting it on other people.... so you can't afford a harley and you like bears??? Grizzly or Brown maybe Malaysian?

    You're just mad because you don't have a Harley and couldn't find a bear to ride b!tch with.[/QUOTE]

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •