Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Trump become President for Life?

Dark Shadow. you nailed it in your most recent reply. We have a cultural problem, as well as a private healthcare problem and a Trump administration problem that makes it difficult for U.S. citizens to collectively address the Covid-19 outbreak. I am speaking as someone who is intimately familiar with a culture that does all of this far better than Americans as a whole do.

Example: We had an appointment in a Taiwanese Chinese business establishment a few days ago. The first thing they did was take everybody's temperature to make sure that none of us had a fever. In Taiwan. a person who registers a fever would be immediately tested for Covid-19 and sent home. If the person tests positive, the person is quarantined until no longer infectious. Using procedures such as this, there are very few Covid-19 cases in Taiwan.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-11-2020 at 10:30 PM.

I wonder what Professor Plate and Dr Chucks feel about the USPS 'issues' that are happening as of late.

I'd ask them, but they already have their talking points ready to go.

Speaking of talking points:

AHH you guys are too easy... what good is a temperature test when the majority of people with COVID are asymptomatic and walking around. 600K+ people tested positive in California and compare it with the hospitalization numbers or say 4000 +/- a few hundred and voila... overblown health crisis manufactured by the media. Let's take the statement of positive persons being in quarantine and think through that. Unless y ou are testing every single day and getting instant results how will you know 100% that the person is free and clear. Oh yes we have a thing such as interstate travel and a border with Mexico where people come and go daily. You could have tens of thousands that will come through who are asymptomatic and then what shut down life? Bottom line HERD IMMUNITY and if you're scared have your family be your lifeline to the world because all these ideas you spout are not rooted in reality and don't show any critical thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Dark Shadow. you nailed it in your most recent reply. We have a cultural problem, as well as a private healthcare problem and a Trump administration problem that makes it difficult for U.S. citizens to collectively address the Covid-19 outbreak. I am speaking as someone who is intimately familiar with a culture that does all of this far better than Americans as a whole do.

Example: We had an appointment in a Taiwanese Chinese business establishment a few days ago. The first thing they did was take everybody's temperature to make sure that none of us had a fever. In Taiwan. a person who registers a fever would be immediately tested for Covid-19 and sent home. If the person tests positive, the person is quarantined until no longer infectious. Using procedures such as this, there are very few Covid-19 cases in Taiwan.

As a subscriber of fake news I wouldn't expect you to be able to discern who was helped by Comey's action. Much like the sentiments expressed by you and others to the effect of... the russians must have wanted DJT to win and colluded because he ended up winning! Let's keep it simple, I will explain it this way.... 2016 is like when a kid gets into a fight with another kid and he loses and then he tells the other kid... i'm going to come back with my friends and big brother and uncles and we're gonna whoop your ***... and then when the entourage comes back and they all get their asses whooped by the other kid. You can't blame the kids uncle for him getting his *** whooped, the uncle tried. Yeah it's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Sorry to have to break it too you, but they say that every election! Lol (It's known as an October surprise) Trump got the benefit of it last time, do to that Knucklehead Commey!

It's absolutely based in reality, Steelhead. Taiwan's infection rate is far lower than that in the U.S. How do you explain that? Testing for fever and quarantine are not 100% effective, of course but they help. I think you are exaggerating the asymptomatic rate too.

The only other thing about places like Taiwan that might help them is possible partial immunity due to previous exposure to other forms of Coronavirus.

Critical thinking is evaluating evidence, which is what I do. I was trained to do critical thinking in fact. It appears to me that you are more interested in looking for ways to criticize those who don't fit your paradigm, than critical thinking. .

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...are-have-virus

You pointed to temperature test as a key to reducing spread in places like Taiwan, if the majority are asymptomatic then the majority of infection are from people who are asymptomatic, not those with a high temperature and if there is public awareness that high temperature is an indicator for covid 19 then most of those people are either self quarantining or holed up somewhere recovering. Critical thinking?

QUOTE=Natural Lefty;804666]It's absolutely based in reality, Steelhead. Taiwan's infection rate is far lower than that in the U.S. How do you explain that? Testing for fever and quarantine are not 100% effective, of course but they help. I think you are exaggerating the asymptomatic rate too.

The only other thing about places like Taiwan that might help them is possible partial immunity due to previous exposure to other forms of Coronavirus.

Critical thinking is evaluating evidence, which is what I do. I was trained to do critical thinking in fact. It appears to me that you are more interested in looking for ways to criticize those who don't fit your paradigm, than critical thinking. .[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    AHH you guys are too easy... what good is a temperature test when the majority of people with COVID are asymptomatic and walking around.
    Gosh, I wish there was a method to reduce transmission from these asymptomatic carriers that are walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    AHH you guys are too easy... what good is a temperature test when the majority of people with COVID are asymptomatic and walking around. 600K+ people tested positive in California and compare it with the hospitalization numbers or say 4000 +/- a few hundred and voila... overblown health crisis manufactured by the media. Let's take the statement of positive persons being in quarantine and think through that. Unless y ou are testing every single day and getting instant results how will you know 100% that the person is free and clear. Oh yes we have a thing such as interstate travel and a border with Mexico where people come and go daily. You could have tens of thousands that will come through who are asymptomatic and then what shut down life? Bottom line HERD IMMUNITY and if you're scared have your family be your lifeline to the world because all these ideas you spout are not rooted in reality and don't show any critical thinking
    I just heard Doctor Fauci say, "if we are waiting for herd immunity to take effect!" That will be a disaster!!!!!! Who do you believe???? One of the best Scientist on the planet, or someone who got their talking points from some Right Wing News outlet? The said part is, "tens of Millions Americans believe the Right Wing pundits over world re-known Scientist!"

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I just heard Doctor Fauci say, "if we are waiting for herd immunity to take effect!" That will be a disaster!!!!!! Who do you believe???? One of the best Scientist on the planet, or someone who got their talking points from some Right Wing News outlet? The said part is, "tens of Millions Americans believe the Right Wing pundits over world re-known Scientist!"
    Etucks,

You have to understand that Steelplate already showed his hand.

He doesn't care who dies, as long as it's not him and his immediate family, which is why he's a huge proponent of the "herd immunity" approach. And considering that minorities are disproportionately affected by Covid, due to various factors, that also helps him in his "who cares about them" mentality.

And I'm sure he's read this, but there is a country in Scandinavia who also tried to do the "herd immunity" approach, which didn't fare too well.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-herd-immunity

But I'm sure Steelplate will call WebMD 'fake news.'

(But he's probably too busy welding his local USPS mailboxes shut as we speak, without a mask on.)

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast