Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Arrowhead rules?

Default Lake Arrowhead rules?

I know it's a private lake. However, on another fishing website, someone said you can fish from shore, even if you're not a member. Sounded like BS to me, but I'm sure someone on here knows the correct answer.

Maybe it's like Cayon Lake, where there is part of the lake where anyone can drive up to and fish. Although because of poachers the fishing isn't as good as the rest of the lake.

You have to be a member or guest of the lake arrowhead association, there's signs posted along with patrol boats cruising around. I do remember reading somewhere that you dont have to be a resident of the area, just a paying member. If you do go, theres a trail along the shoreline and dont try fishing from the docks too long owners of them will call you out and or call the patrol.

Several years ago. there used to be a small area that the public could fish at. I think it was where the McDonald's is now, or in that general area. It was ok at times for trout, when they were stocked, but you had to get there early to get a spot. I'm pretty sure that area is long gone, thanks to messy fishermen that left trash everywhere. I gotta say that lots of fishermen are real slobs, leaving bait containers, food wrappers, even fish guts and heads from cleaned trout all over. There can be a trash barrel right there and they just drop their garbage on the ground. WTF?!

You could try and access the lake but you will almost be assured of a visit from the Lake Patrol or SBSD unit. They are very particular about having folks that are not residents on their water for all the reasons listed before.

Thanks for the Info guy's. Now remember what my intentions are, "to educate" other fishermen on the Minor league fishing websites!!! The place where disgruntle FNN members go because they think the grass is greener some where else!!! lol

I am up there almost every weekend. I will vouch for the amount of patrols.

But at the same time I'm not a member and have fished it, small mouth need to be culled, a ton of dinks but some nice ones and underrated largemouth fishery.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Several years ago. there used to be a small area that the public could fish at. I think it was where the McDonald's is now, or in that general area. It was ok at times for trout, when they were stocked, but you had to get there early to get a spot. I'm pretty sure that area is long gone, thanks to messy fishermen that left trash everywhere. I gotta say that lots of fishermen are real slobs, leaving bait containers, food wrappers, even fish guts and heads from cleaned trout all over. There can be a trash barrel right there and they just drop their garbage on the ground. WTF?!
    You forgot the tangled balls of stripped fishing line Jeff.

Behind McDonalds at Lake Arrowhead used to be one of my favorite places to fish. I was very disappointed when they put a fence around it, closing it off to the public. I haven't fished Arrowhead in a long time consequently. No, I did not see anything there in terms of fisher people behavior to justify closing the place down. I think the people who own the area just want their own personal fiefdom, regardless of the effects on other people or even the local economy. One sees similar behavior at other private lakes, which tend to close to the public and become more and more exclusive.

It wasn't just trout there. It was also SMB, Bluegill, Crappie, and Green Sunfish which were common there, sometimes Bullhead Catfish too, and Carp for those who are into them. Some people even caught Kokanee Salmon there. And the trout were basically all holdovers. The lake is underutilized, as Seal mentions.

How do you get access to the lake, Seal? I suppose you have friends up there. Most of us have no access to it anymore. As I understand it, Tony is correct that Arrowhead is only open to lake members and their guests. And yes, they do patrol the lake constantly.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I am up there almost every weekend. I will vouch for the amount of patrols.

But at the same time I'm not a member and have fished it, small mouth need to be culled, a ton of dinks but some nice ones and underrated largemouth fishery.
    Went last year. Was a guest. Landed one little smallmouth---but oh so worth it, haven't caught one in California before. Beautiful lake. Lousy shore access.