Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: And the beat goes on...

Default And the beat goes on...

So after seeing the damage I've been doing at Perris my buddy Wes called me because he wanted to get in on the action..
    So I moved some things around in my schedule today and got him out there for a partial day of some bass abuse..
    Knowing that the skies would be bright, hot and sunny today with no clouds I knew that we would have to get on them fast before the fog went away completely.. So we went straight to my "A" water and went to work..
    My first cast... boom... I'm on! And I swing a healthy 3 1/2 lber in the boat.. My 2nd cast I'm on again.. Boom about 3 1/2 lber..
    Wes's 2nd cast He's On.. And it's a good one... As a solid 4+ lber jumps and promptly sends Wes's bait flying back at him hahaha... In the mean time, I'm on again and I reach down and grab a solid 4 lber..
    Then Wes is hooked up again... Another good one.. But again it jumps and send Wed's bait back at him Air Mail. Hahaha... Then I'm on again and I swing number 4 in the boat..
    Then I make another cast and I'm on again my 4 1/2 lber comes to the surface freaking out... Then Wes and I clearly see why... A true Perris Giant 10+lber was trying to eat my bait out of my hooked fishes mouth.. Awesome!!
    Then Wes is on and he gets mean with that one and muscles it to the boat.. I have him 5-1 at that point so he was determined to get that bass in..
    Also we both missed about 4-6 bites each at that point... They were slapping at our baits... Clouds or wind would have helped turn those bites into hooked fish.. Clouds would be best..
    We caught a couple more then it was time for a move..
    The skies are high now with a hot bright sun and no wind... So we bounce around to a couple of my spots and we catch a few more fish....
    We are at 11 fish at this point ... So we continue to grind and hit several spots..
    Then we go back to the starting spot and I pick up the drop-shot.. Because I just wanted to see if they were still there but not being aggressive.
    As I slowly dragged my bait, it got railed.. But I didn't set the hook because I thought it was Wes's bait hit my line.. then I look over and ask Wes if it was him and he says no just then my line tightened up again and it got railed again.. so I reel in my bait because of course I missed it because I was staring at Wes haha so I told him something just so aggressively tried to eat my bait.. I showed him where to cast and he bombed out his bait and within a couple seconds his bait got smoked.. and he crossed it's eyes!! He says, "I'm on, it's a big one".... Just then a very nice Perris largie surfaces and West gets a quick handle on it and I net it boom ..5 1/2 lber in the boat..
    Then I put the net down and I fire out a cast and boom I'm on ... And I reach down and lip a solid 5 pounder... I love it when a plan comes together..
    We ended the day with Wes having the big fish of the day at over 5 1/2 lbs... I had him on numbers but we ended the day with 14 bass and at least 6-7 missed opportunities each in an abbreviated day under pretty tough conditions with a bright High Sky and no wind.. They we eating the baits really weird today.. They weren't fully committing...
    We called it a day just before noon...
    It was a good time.. and we had a blast as usual and Wes got to get some confidence in a technique that he's been wanting to do and get confident in... It's safe to say he has a new technique in his Arsenal...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180601_121313775.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	51129
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180601_121347503.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	51130

PETE
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 06-01-2018 at 09:36 PM.

What are you guys using? Cranks? Jigs?

reaction baits..

Like what specifically? That could be lots of things.

Thanks Pete for getting me out there , you are not lying when you say the Reaction Bite is epic ! that was great little flurry of fish we had there when the clouds where socked in . Guys if you want to get in on this Bite Give Pete a call , message , whatever ! he will put you on the fish and right now the bite is great . Pete is a world class guy and a great teacher .. He will get you dialed in . Yes i had to duck a few flying baits in the morning that 4# Bass where tossing back at me , but I learned to put the hammer down .. hahahaha

Thanks Again Pete ,

Wes
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 06-02-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    reaction baits..
    I saw one of those in action....A huge 10-12" trout swimbait chucked behind my kayak as I was slowly cruising past the PWC ramp a week ago Thursday from a shore fisherman. When it hit the water it sounded like fat Albert did a belly flop. Probably less than 30 seconds later he was yelling and screaming I got one and it's a big one. I was like OK with a splash like that he probably just scared all the fish away and snagged some of the submerged brush or somebodies broken off tangled line....Needless to say he wasn't kidding and it looked to be a very nice one to boot. Guessing 6-8lbs or so, possibly larger. After watching him drag it up the ramp to land it I turned away and just kept peddling on. Not sure if he kept it or released it with road rash in the end....Guess the poor girl also thought wtf and went to investigate.
    Last edited by kenmitch; 06-02-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Sorry it would not be fair to myself or my family if I just gave out all the specifics because I dedicate ALOT of time, effort and money getting dialed in the way I am.... Also it wouldn't be fair to my clients who pay good money to come out with me and get dialed in and see the Baits I'm using.. I'm sure you understand...
    My one thing I can say though is... Chuck and wind something first then when that slows down, you should slow down as well and finesse them..
    One thing I will say though is that I am NOT throwing any swimbaits.. someone started a rumor saying I was out there throwing swimbaits and that was absolutely NOT true... I'm not a swimbait guy..
    I have slideswimers and other swimbaits but I don't remember the last time I even threw them... I just don't like it.. swinging for the fence is not my style..
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 06-03-2018 at 01:25 PM.