Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The Sears Store

Default The Sears Store

Looks like Sears is not doing very well these days and our closing some more stores. Hope they stay around, I always liked Sears as for back as the 1950s when I was a kid. I loved their tools and years ago they even had a hunting and fishing department in their stores and even sold guns. In 1971 I bought my first ultra lite fishing rod there it was a Ted Williams model. Oh well changing times.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010090.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	51115

it is sad, for a variety of reasons, as they continue to close stores....following the foot steps of Montgomery Wards, K-Mart, SH Kress, Gemco, Two Guys, etc
    Changing times for sure.....brick and mortar stores appear to be facing an upward battle against online sales. Unless these B&M stores can provide on the spot selection and lower prices, which for the most part, they can not, only a few will be left in the next 10-20 years or so. We live in a fast past-paced society and economy...people want their items NOW!

It appears that WalMart and Amazon may be the last two fighters standing!

Economic Darwinism happening before our very eyes.

While we can wax nostalgic, what do people feel or think about brick and mortars becoming a thing of the past?

I know people who complain about "Amazon taking over!" yet have a Prime account with them.