Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sat 5/26/18 mid morning Striper run

Default Sat 5/26/18 mid morning Striper run

Got to the gate a little early on Saturday, have not fished since March. Water temps on my F/f read 68, air temp mid 50's. Got into a little top water action in the east end, but most of the fish were caught mid lake 15-30' down, I was using white flies. All rats lived another day. Water level looked up, no water was coming in. A couple of strippers were out there mostly B&W folks hunkered down everywhere. Wine festival next weekend. Will likely hit DV next week.

That's awesome. Congratulations. I saw you out there, was wondering how you guys did. Glad to hear you did well. I want to go back asap but idk about fighting the crowd this weekend.

Just FYI there will be no lake access Friday thru Sunday due to the Balloon and Wine Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by fastjim2000 View Post
    That's awesome. Congratulations. I saw you out there, was wondering how you guys did. Glad to hear you did well. I want to go back asap but idk about fighting the crowd this weekend.
    Move around, but it seems the main channels on the north or south we had the most marks on the Ff. I'm heading to the NE this fall for some striper action in Cape Cod. My brother is already catching 10-12lb "schoolies" right now. Good luck out there.