Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Memorial Day upper

Default Memorial Day upper

Wow, it was great hittin' Castaic again. I have been boatless for a couple years, sold the bass tracker to save $$$, and this morning I sea trialed the new to me little Grady White. First stop at Gallions for the old ritual breakfast sandwich and ice....what happend? Bummer, new owners, oh well, at least they kept the deli and they open well before the lake opens. While I'm waiting in line I have the nervous jitters, making sure I remember everything, new to me boat, quagga inspection, unstrap, don't forget the plug!! Etc.. All went well. Trolled from the no ski buoys to the bouy line from 6:30-9:30 using techniques learned from Bob Trout Only. Good size schoolies!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_170042.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	51107 Landed eight stripers. Quite a few boats anchored just outside the skiing area, what are they targetting? Off the water before things got crazy from ski boats. Awesome maiden voyage on Fresh n' Salty 😃. Happy Memorial Day and Thank you to those who served

nice ones. i think when you see a lot of boats together they are prob on stripers...