Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late DV report 5/24 and question

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I remember reading all the hype about DVL "before" it opened. It had a Biologist who was going to make this the greatest fishing lake in all of California. The first few years it kinda lived up to it. But then the Stripers and the Flathead catfish got in there. Was there a way to have prevented that from happening? I don't know, but what I do know was the people who were hyping it up, "quietly got out of town before sundown!!!" lol
    I don't think could have imagined how quickly the stripers would pariferate in there. About the only way to keep them out was to put some kind of thin strainer over the pipe of the Colorado river water running in and that wouldn't be feasible as it would plug up daily and then what. You got water backing up and flooding out hemet. I still remember many moons ago. Opening day at DVL. I was as excited as a male prison guard at an all female prison with a fistful of pardons. I launch, I start fishing, look in the gin clear water, and their nonchalantly swimming by without a care in the world a 20 pound class carp..ugh. And if he got in anything could as well...double ughhh. A little off base, but that lake has multitudes of carp as well. Ive seen hundreds along the dam in tnree sizes...10 pounds..20 pounds...and jumbo 30 p,us pounders. Pretty impressive sight to see.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 06-07-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12