Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Should have taken a fork! 5-26-18

Default Should have taken a fork! 5-26-18

Text some friends to see if anyone wanted to hit up Torrey Pines this morning.
    Good thing they didn't make the drive.

In the water at TP at 4:45, cast and retrieve for 30 minutes and not one clean retrieve.
    Left, hopped back in the truck and was in the water by 6:00 at Carlsbad.
    Cast and retrieve for 30 minutes...NOT ONE CLEAN RETRIEVE.

Got back in my truck, headed North and was back in the surf by 7:15.
    Water was clean but with high tide at 8:00 and not much room to fish decided to call it at 8:15.

Did manage one lonely perch, 7-8 inches, and that's a good sign, since I haven't seen one in over a year at this beach.

Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Have a Great & Safe 3 day weekend everyone.

MEMORIAL DAY FOR ME IS REMEMBERING MY GRANDPA AND HIM GIVING ME HIS BRONZE STAR ON HIS DEATH BED.

Robert
    <><

THE soup has been thick here up north too for some time, just waiting for things to settle. Half length of retrieve w/o grass has been considered good around any structure. I've been getting a lot practice in rapid lure cleaning and haven't been out lately.
    Thank you for posting regardless of outcome..

With the swell dying down this week maybe it'll clean up. I plan on finding out tomorrow

Hi brother R O B E R T

You sure put in the effort and time. Can't say you didn't give it a good go. Weedy -- The fishys got lucky this time cuz next time when the water is without the "lettuce" fishys beware of the murieitta angler!!!!

blessings from Me and the girls!!!!
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 06-05-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Hey Roberto,
    Just noticed this post. Sounds like a bit of a tough go out there. Heading out your way this weekend but sounds like the surf might be up a bit. Hopefully we can squeeze in a few casts.

Don

Hey Robert,
    It's always nice to get out & soak a line... Even if you don't catch much. Catching is a bonus. Mahaloz for sharing your adventure.
    God bless our Veterans & Military for their service and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. My sister served in the Army.
    PE

What's up Brother Roberto? I headed North like I told you guys, but conditions sucked.
    So Mikey and I decided to hit Lake Cachuma instead and did lots of catching.
    We should try to hit the sand together sometime soon... I'll be back in town around Father's Day weekend.