Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: South Lake, Sabrina, North Lake

Default South Lake, Sabrina, North Lake

Went fishing the week before the Memrial Day weekend.
    The weather report said chance of rain or snow at higher elevation or north of Bishop.
    The Pleasant Valley Reservoir seemed the warmest and least chance of rain, but by the time we got close to Bishop, we saw a rain cloud hanging over the area and rain coming down. We decided to drive up to South Lake to see what it's like though it hasn't been planted for a while.

It must have snowed the night before and the trail was in snow, getting down to the spot was a little difficult. We managed to catch holdover fish and limited out in about three hours. The lake seemed nearly full. Went to Sabrina and North Lake. The action was a little slower. Went back to South Lake for a short time, but the fishing got a little slower by then.

Night crawlers worked. Also caught fish on Thomas Buoyant. Got hits on pink mouse tail, but missed them. I think the jig head hook I used was too large.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	croppedIMG_1419.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	51100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	croppedIMG_1423.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	51099 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crooppedIMG_1425.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	51101

OK...you said you limited out in three hours and then changed locations twice and fished. When you limit, aren't you done for the day? Kinda why I went to C & R so I could be on the water all day.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
    I was there for three days.
    First day, drove up in the morning and fished at South Lake in the afternoon.
    Tne next day, fished at Sabrina and North Lake.
    The last day, we went back to South lake in the morning.
    Got 10 fish total. Did not go over the limit.

Thanks for the Report. Glad to hear there are fish

[QUOTE=Masnak;796200]Sorry, I wasn't clear.
    I was there for three days.
    First day, drove up in the morning and fished at South Lake in the afternoon.
    Tne next day, fished at Sabrina and North Lake.
    The last day, we went back to South lake in the morning.
    Got 10 fish total. Did not go over the limit.[/QUOTE

Still sounds like a good trip