Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report and comment

Default Report and comment

The report is the same. Went to Perris last weekend and scratched all day for a few 1-3# fish,. Nothing really noteworthy.
    What I did notice however was jet skis, wake boarders and gas burners speeding through the trees on the east end with people fishing less than a hundred feet away. Some in kayaks and some in tubes. When I mentioned it on the way out that someone is going to get injured or killed, she just said that she would tell the ranger, but it was going on right in view from the ranger tower. She also said it wasn't supposed to open to all water craft until Memorial Day too.
    I don't understand why they can't make the very back newly flooded east end a no wake zone for fishing and allow the PWC's to go around the island, just not into the back at speed.
    The idiots that do this are not the brightest and best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    The report is the same. Went to Perris last weekend and scratched all day for a few 1-3# fish,. Nothing really noteworthy.
    What I did notice however was jet skis, wake boarders and gas burners speeding through the trees on the east end with people fishing less than a hundred feet away. Some in kayaks and some in tubes. When I mentioned it on the way out that someone is going to get injured or killed, she just said that she would tell the ranger, but it was going on right in view from the ranger tower. She also said it wasn't supposed to open to all water craft until Memorial Day too.
    I don't understand why they can't make the very back newly flooded east end a no wake zone for fishing and allow the PWC's to go around the island, just not into the back at speed.
    The idiots that do this are not the brightest and best.
    We saw the same thing last weekend. If somebody get injured or killed, Perris will be liable. You could find at least 100 witnesses on this site that could corroborate this. We were in the newly submerged trees in the North end, and there were fools going in and out of them. This was well outside the buoy lines. We yelled at them to no avail. I have not seen a single patrol in our around the Island, or anywhere for that matter. It's only a matter of time.

What happened to the 5 mph speed limit along the westend of the island??!!

As far as I know, it has always been there since they lowered the water level. Perris needs to start issuing violation and fines for the idiots that don't have any consideration of others on the water.

It is now legal to go on plane around the entire Island counter clockwise..
    They moved the buoys a few weeks ago and opened it up.

I think they need to pull the buoy line out much further because I saw a lot of boats and jet skis flying through dangerous areas with brush and rocks.. And they were getting extremely close to the fisherman who are minding their own business..
    Add to that the knuckleheads that have no clue about boating safety, the lake rotation, or other boating rules and its a recipe for disaster..

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Add to that the knuckleheads that have no clue about boating safety, the lake rotation, or other boating rules and its a recipe for disaster.
    The worst part is that they hold other people's lives in their hands, so we can't just let Darwin sort that one person out.

A friend in our boating group died there about 1995.
    Stand up Kawasaki ski stalled , only to be nailed by passing boat. Ski sank,body
    Mutilated and missing an arm ripped off

Traumatizing to all who witnessed/involved. and then u gotta call parents and
    Plan funeral all that sad stuff

Be careful everyone. !! Season just starting and Unfortunately more accidents will occur...

It's a disaster waiting to happen. They should have just left the backside of the island and east end to fishermen. The racers already have a 70% of the lake the dam to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot951 View Post
    It's a disaster waiting to happen. They should have just left the backside of the island and east end to fishermen. The racers already have a 70% of the lake the dam to the island.

The buoy line now extends around the entire lake. I do not know if that means you can go around the entire lake, but I presume it does. Does anybody know who we can complain to. An email, phone number, website? I don't mind them having fun, but many have respect for no one!

I fish the lake from my kayak at least once a week, sometimes twice and the rising water level and warmer weather do tend to bring the idiots out. Last week I was looped by some a-holes water skiing. They were probably 50yds away from me. I don't go to the lake on weekends.

When I was there Tuesday they were working on a buoy line around the east end of the island it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmitch View Post
    I fish the lake from my kayak at least once a week, sometimes twice and the rising water level and warmer weather do tend to bring the idiots out. Last week I was looped by some a-holes water skiing. They were probably 50yds away from me. I don't go to the lake on weekends.

When I was there Tuesday they were working on a buoy line around the east end of the island it looked like.
    It looked completed on Saturday. That's a shame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast