Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report and comment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180524-153730_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	51097
    I found this on their website

Welcome back to the Lake Perris of the 90's and 2000's .. Prepare for the people to flock back to Perris with the raising water , the Power Cove lot 11-12 ramp will re open to jet skis and small craft and the jet boat races to come back now . As far as someone saying Lake Perris is responsible for incidents that is incorrect the lake is state owned and they will be the responsible party . Have to remember yes we as fisherman love the lake , but it is not about us during the summer months it is about the private pleasure boaters and families that bring huge revenue to the lake . Back in the 90's Perris was the second highest earning park in the state of CA .

Be prepared to deal with non educated boaters and drinking on the water , if your on a boat , a kayak or a float tube like myself you have to be prepared and keep your head on a swivel . Be Safe guys and gals on the water as the patrol boats cannot be every where on the water, but they will be out .
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 05-24-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfitdog View Post
    Welcome back to the Lake Perris of the 90's and 2000's .. Prepare for the people to flock back to Perris with the raising water , the Power Cove lot 11-12 ramp will re open to jet skis and small craft and the jet boat races to come back now . As far as someone saying Lake Perris is responsible for incidents that is incorrect the lake is state owned and they will be the responsible party . Have to remember yes we as fisherman love the lake , but it is not about us during the summer months it is about the private pleasure boaters and families that bring huge revenue to the lake . Back in the 90's Perris was the second highest earning park in the state of CA .

Be prepared to deal with non educated boaters and drinking on the water , if your on a boat , a kayak or a float tube like myself you have to be prepared and keep your head on a swivel . Be Safe guys and gals on the water as the patrol boats cannot be every where on the water, but they will be out .
    I think we're all aware Perris is a state park. I never said the lake was about us, all I asked for is a little common courtesy. I have have yet to see a single patrol boat this year. If you go to Silverwood , you'll see them throughout the year no matter how many boats are on the water. Why the difference? While the summer months may be about pleasure boating, Perris needs the fishermen clientele. There would be no one in the off months without us.

That picture is not current.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180524-153730_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	51097
    I found this on their website

I noticed that myself, Brent. I figured the east end was no wake. About the time I thought I had it all figured out a jet boat and an armada of jet skies came flying in full throttle. Patrols are out there. They were at least the night they gave me a $350 ticket for fishing in a boat beyond closing time as i was engaged in a battle royal with a catfish.

THIS weekend should be zoo central at perris. Drunks, rookie drivers, you name it, it will be there

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    Well perris needs to update it then.

Can you imagine how much nasty PISS is going to be in that lake come mid summer!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Can you imagine how much nasty PISS is going to be in that lake come mid summer!
    Actually not funny at all ... Few years ago I jumped in the water to cool off while fishing along the dam ... Less than 24 hours later had to go to urgent care for a small wallnut growing from my lymph nodes below my ear ... Doctor told me it was from swimming in high bacteria leveled water and was common with people who swim in nasty Lake Perris! Be careful at the lake and be courteous of others.

Anybody itching to get out that doesn't want to deal with the crowds ought to try the San Diego Lakes. My son and I went to Lower Otay yesterday, and we caught 34. Nothing huge, but it was a blast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast