Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any LMB biting?

seal definitely knows Silverwood better than I do.

I was a Boat Capitan at the Cast-4-Kids event held there a couple of weeks ago and the Kids I took out caught a 2 1/2 - 3 lber on a 6" Morning Dawn drop-shotted. You might give a 6" Margarita Mutilator as well as Morning Dawn, Aaron's Magic, (which i've not fished there), or a Green Pumpkin Thin Sinko flylined. I imagine the wind will be blowing in the pm at Silverwood... normally does.

The bite is wide open guys.. May and June are some of the best months to fish Silverwood..
    I just fished the ABA tourney there a week and a half ago and We smashed them.. had over 30 keepers... The bite was wide open for us.. our 4 fish limit weighed over 19 lbs. And I had the big bass of the tourney.. It weighed 9.12 lbs.. It was a giant for Silverwood.. all of our fish were caught in less than 8 ft of water..
    There are also bedfish all over the lake.. but I didn't fish for those, we fished for the pre spawners..
    Here are a couple pics..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1527180134162.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	51095
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1527180119626.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	51096
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 05-24-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    The bite is wide open guys.. May and June are some of the best months to fish Silverwood..
    I just fished the ABA tourney there a week and a half ago and We smashed them.. had over 30 keepers... The bite was wide open for us.. our 4 fish limit weighed over 19 lbs. And I had the big bass of the tourney.. It weighed 9.12 lbs.. It was a giant for Silverwood.. all of our fish were caught in less than 8 ft of water..
    There are also bedfish all over the lake.. but I didn't fish for those, we fished for the pre spawners..

Yes the day of the ABA was a very good day, saw some of the boats come in. My observations of the last week have been a downturn with little bedding activity. Also some anecdotal reports from boaters have been a bit of a downturn, I have not been out on the water as much as I wish recently, mostly shore banging, so I will defer to your expertise. I am aware of that days bite and your big one, congratulations!

Wide open? Sorry Pete I wouldn't consider it that over the last week but as you know a day or 2 can make all the difference, hell today it might be wide open again! But for some with your abilities every day is wide open.
    Last edited by seal; 05-24-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post

So I will be fishing near Cleghorn and maybe near the dock and miller canyon depending on weather condition and the distance from Cleghorn launch. How is bass biting near above mentioned area?
    I appreciate your replies! And congrats on your big fish!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yes the day of the ABA was a very good day, saw some of the boats come in. My observations of the last week have been a downturn with little bedding activity. Also some anecdotal reports from boaters have been a bit of a downturn, I have not been out on the water as much as I wish recently, mostly shore banging, so I will defer to your expertise. I am aware of that days bite and your big one, congratulations!

Wide open? Sorry Pete I wouldn't consider it that over the last week but as you know a day or 2 can make all the difference, hell today it might be wide open again! But for some with your abilities every day is wide open.
    I hope the bite pickes up this weekend especially in Sunday and Monday morning !

Well...change of plan. I am not bringing my kayak due to lack of fishing time for the effort to bring so will stick to the shore fishing..I will report back after :)
    Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post

Agree....everyday is a wide open day with Pete!! What day was the ABA???

I fished there on the 21st. The algae bloom was kicking, but not as bad as DV last week. I boated about 20 LMB, 2-4lbs. Silverwood is good! In my defense, I recently went out with Pete Marino and he showed me a few tricks.

The bite is very good... We went out mid last week and had 29 Keepers... With 3 of them over 4 lbs... We never even bothered to bedfish we fished for prespawn fish and post spawners.. Had we not lost a few at the boat we would have had over 30... Heads up guys...here is what you should do... Fish bays, cuts, sloping banks (Not steep), chunk rock, in front of sandy beaches, fish 2-8ft.. Fish small, unassuming, subtle baits, ....If that don't work... call me for a guide trip...

Pete

Kind of forgot about the small bait rule this time of the year at Silverwood, oops! Tiny flukes and similar baits have always been good this time of the year. Rigged up now and ready for tonight's adventure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12