Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Need recommendations for a good scale

Default Need recommendations for a good scale

I have a Berkley boca-grip with built in scale but it is all over the place with weights. Just a couple days ago I got a nice hog and the scale showed 2 lbs. I knew it was heavier so I took it off and reset it. Again 2 lbs. I saw a couple guys in a bass boat near by so I asked if I could borrow theirs. Yup 4.4 lbs.
    So what's your favorite scale. I have a B'day coming up and I want to treat myself. Thanks!
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 05-22-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I have a Berkley boca-grip with built in scale but it is all over the place with weights. Just a couple days ago I got a nice hog and the scale showed 2 lbs. I knew it was heavier so I took it off and reset it. Again 2 lbs. I saw a couple guys in a bass boat near by so I asked if I could borrow theirs. Yup 4.4 lbs.
    So what's your favorite scale. I have a B'day coming up and I want to treat myself. Thanks!
    I got the Rapala Touch and I love it. It holds 8 weights, and it is very accurate. Comes with culling clips also. It's a great scale for under $50. I saw Gerald Swindle and and Jordan Lee using it on the Bassmaster Elite Series. I've had 3 or 4 scales and nothing compares for the $. Here's the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i would like a scale to know the size of some of the bigger fish i have caught i dont want to weigh dinks... but ya i bought one for 40 at the local store recently only transferred from backpack to backpack and it broke in less then a month without even using it and of course i land a hog the other day i would want to actually weigh... i need something heavy duty or with its own heavy duty case i guess...not knowing my pb sux though,.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 05-22-2018 at 10:11 PM.