Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dam fishing from boat

Default Dam fishing from boat

Can you still fish the dam from a boat? There were all kinds of red and blue buoys blocking access.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Can you still fish the dam from a boat? There were all kinds of red and blue buoys blocking access.
    This is just a wild guess but the presence of a large number of buoys blocking access might be a good clue. On the other hand, you could slip by and try it. Most areas do not have enough enforcement to worry about.

Yes, you can fish the dam. The buoys your referring to are rowing lanes for canoes and kayaks in preparation for the 2024 Olympic Games. They have now placed the “no wake” buoy line just outside the rowing lanes. I would seriously suggest you come off plane and slowly work your way past the lanes then idle the rest of the way to the dam. I will say this though, the fishing at the dam, for me, has been much, much slower than the rest of the lake.

Default Water Clarity

Hey Guys,

Not trying to take the thread hostage but wondering if someone could comment on the water clarity. I was at DVL on Sunday and it is like green carpet all over the lake. Is it the same deal at Perris??

Thanks All!

Quote Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
    Hey Guys,

Not trying to take the thread hostage but wondering if someone could comment on the water clarity. I was at DVL on Sunday and it is like green carpet all over the lake. Is it the same deal at Perris??

Thanks All!
    If not worse. Visibility is pretty much zero! Little green algae blooms everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks All!
    It really depends on where your at on the lake. The dam has some pretty decent visibility, but I have to agree with Millsap, the small green algae makes it difficult. In the east end, pretty much zero. A few places in that east end has water that resembles chocolate milk! The rising water continues flooding that dry area and the mud lines are crazy back there.

Guys the water clarity at Perris is perfect for reaction baits.... Cranks of all sizes are working and there a good worm bite to boot.
    I just fished our last event of the year of the Lake Perris Region series yesterday and we got lots and lots of fish on reaction baits...and even some on DS when we pounded them so hard with reaction baits that they stopped biting them and started biting the plastics..
    I ended up 2nd place for the day and won the Angler of the Year championship in the process..

take my word for it.... you do not want the water gin clear this time of year... because that place will get ultra tough.. I love the water clrity right now across most of the lake... Yes the water is milky and overly milky in some areas because of the bank erosion but there are plenty of areas with great reaction bait clarity.

Pete

Thanks for the insight Pete! Great info!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Guys the water clarity at Perris is perfect for reaction baits.... Cranks of all sizes are working and there a good worm bite to boot.
    I just fished our last event of the year of the Lake Perris Region series yesterday and we got lots and lots of fish on reaction baits...and even some on DS when we pounded them so hard with reaction baits that they stopped biting them and started biting the plastics..
    I ended up 2nd place for the day and won the Angler of the Year championship in the process..

take my word for it.... you do not want the water gin clear this time of year... because that place will get ultra tough.. I love the water clrity right now across most of the lake... Yes the water is milky and overly milky in some areas because of the bank erosion but there are plenty of areas with great reaction bait clarity.

Pete
    Congrats Pete on a well deserved award.
    You're correct on the water clarity thing. I always disliked gin clear water and love some discoloration so the fish can't study the bait before biting it.
    It surprises them when it shows up and you get a reaction strike out of surprise sometimes even when they aren't hungry.

Pete as always is the Man, the myth and the legion all rolled into one especially at Perris. For those who want to learn the lake and catch fish, line up a guide session w/ Pete. I did and it make all the difference in your approach.........green globs or Not!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast