After my thumb being embedded by a treble hook last time, I’ve purchased pairs of fishing pliers. Having been used them for months, it’s time to make things a little different. I’m going to talk about what to look for when buying a pair of fishing pliers.
First of all let’s take a initial look at all of pliers i owned.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7400.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	51067
Pliers have been divided into 2 major groups according to the materials: aluminum and stainless steel. While each model of the fishing pliers in the market claims to be the best. Here are some key factors that you should bear in mind before buying.
  • Stainless or Aluminum

Someone just says that aluminum is too soft to last. But it’s lighter compared with steel one. For most bank fisherman like me, lighter is better. So i wear the blue alu one with me everytime when fish from the bank. I love my stainless steel pliers as well, mainly because it has bended nose and it does work well in some situations.
  • Features

Pliers aren’t designed solely for function over these days. The versatility of these tools make them ideal for de-hooking catches, cutting line, bending wire and many other terminal tackle uses.

Buy pliers that are easy to hold and light in weight. You should be very clear in mind what will it be used for. As long as you are sure id the purpose, it becomes easier to choose the one that will suit you. My favorite one would be the Runcl X1 blue aluminum pliers. Made of hardened aluminum alloy, making it resistant to corrosion and quite durable. Perfect for both freshwater or saltwater fishing. The package comes with a protective sheath and lanyard that you can hardly lose the pliers.