Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, first time at Silverwood

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys! Traveling with 2 ladies (1-41 and 1-16) means you operate on a different schedule lol... We stopped at Bass Pro on our way and picked up a few things. Didn't get to Silverwood until around 3. All the decent spots I was hoping to get were taken and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO windy. I could've gotten to a decent spot with a hike. But the ladies weren't down... We hung out there and appreciated the view, walked around, and had a beer. It was so windy, we figured we'd continue up the road to Gregory which I've always had great luck at. It was windy there too, but just enough that I felt like I had a chance at a couple. Only fished for about an hour, mostly chilled out and ate a picnic dinner on the shore with my ladies. Great day, didn't see one fish except the jumper near me up at Gregory. There's always next time!
    Yeah it gets windy up there in the afternoon a lot. Be careful fishing Gregory lake you have to pay 8 bucks a person to fish there now.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Yeah it gets windy up there in the afternoon a lot. Be careful fishing Gregory lake you have to pay 8 bucks a person to fish there now.
    Gregory is having their big tournament this Saturday, so it will be well stocked this week. ($8 seems like chicken fee for 3 stockings of fish) lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12