Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happend to this site

Default What happend to this site

Has it run its course? This was a place to meet awesome people and get in some fishing at the same time. Nobody posts anything anymore. Has everyone moved on to Facebook groups? I want there to be fishing derbies and meet ups again. Team 57 and SWAT use to be so active in setting up these things. I enjoyed them so much. I'm down to help out setting anything up. I just want this site to be a community [url]

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    Has it run its course? This was a place to meet awesome people and get in some fishing at the same time. Nobody posts anything anymore. Has everyone moved on to Facebook groups? I want there to be fishing derbies and meet ups again. Team 57 and SWAT use to be so active in setting up these things. I enjoyed them so much. I'm down to help out setting anything up. I just want this site to be a community [url]
    Politics...

I can tell you what happened, and it's not any big revelation either: People want their fiefdoms, and the land of FNN does not accommodate it, nor should it really.

So, they run to Facebook to establish their own individual or group presence, much like YouTubers do.

But it's more subtle, because they imprint onto other websites in a way Facebook never could, under the guise of content hosting.

See MTA they have taken over. On a side note I hope a lake other than Silverwood starts getting browns or rainbow trout stockings, damn lake has been a zoo this spring, Seal needs his peace and quiet returned!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    See MTA they have taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    See MTA they have taken over. On a side note I hope a lake other than Silverwood starts getting browns or rainbow trout stockings, damn lake has been a zoo this spring, Seal needs his peace and quiet returned!
    In case anyone was wondering what MTA is, "it's Mountain Top Anglers" a group like team 57.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I can tell you what happened, and it's not any big revelation either: People want their fiefdoms, and the land of FNN does not accommodate it, nor should it really.

So, they run to Facebook to establish their own individual or group presence, much like YouTubers do.

But it's more subtle, because they imprint onto other websites in a way Facebook never could, under the guise of content hosting.
    Your fiefdom analogy is very clever and accurate for some people. However, for other former big whales on here, life away from FNN has not been so Rosy. I see them on the other Facebook fishing websites and their contributions are almost insignificant. One of them even had the nerve to complain about being shown the door on this website. FNN might have evolved a bit, but for angler reports, "I have not found better!!!" (with the 1 exception for 1 lake near the Mexican border) lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-10-2018 at 02:14 PM.

I have noticed members on this site tend to follow a certain trajectory. Many start off enthusiastic and supply good reports, then lose enthusiasm for one reason or another. Maybe it's the haters on this site or fear of sharing their fishing secrets and spots, but maybe it's lack of opportunity to go fishing, poor fishing results, of a combination of factors. Perhaps potential members in recent years have been losing much of their enthusiasm before they really get started on this site.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 05-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Pillow Biters. Go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Pillow Biters.
    You speak from personal experience, of course.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast