Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris recent water level?

Default Perris recent water level?

OK I'm not asking for a report. Heaven forbid I might give away a fishing spot or hot bite from a very rare Lake Perris fishing report where all those lurkers will flock to. I'm just curious about where the water level is now. How steep is the launch ramp now? Is the water up to "World Record Rock" on the southeast side that is right below the paved road that goes around the lake? Is it up to the trees like it was years ago in the Bernasconi area. I can't fish right now because of a shoulder injury, but hopefully I'll be out there this fall in my float tube.

Hi there,

I forgot to take pictures last Thursday when I was there, but the water level is getting near the lake's full capacity now. In a nutshell, the water level has risen high enough to where boats can launch from lot 12(when they open it up) and the fact that the east end is no longer accessible by foot as it is at least 15-20 ft underwater now. Same goes for the Bernasconi Beach area where there used to be so much shoreline access by foot when the water was down.

I'd say give it about 3 to 6 weeks of solid heat and the fishing should be good, if not better for the bass and bluegill when the water temperature rises.

Default Perris Water level is about 75% of the old level.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    OK I'm not asking for a report. Heaven forbid I might give away a fishing spot or hot bite from a very rare Lake Perris fishing report where all those lurkers will flock to. I'm just curious about where the water level is now. How steep is the launch ramp now? Is the water up to "World Record Rock" on the southeast side that is right below the paved road that goes around the lake? Is it up to the trees like it was years ago in the Bernasconi area. I can't fish right now because of a shoulder injury, but hopefully I'll be out there this fall in my float tube.
    wORLD rECORD rOCK IS STILL hIGH AND DRY and the boat ramp is still as steep as it ever was! LOL

Hello, Jeff. I was going to respond to this yesterday but my computer locked up. I went to Perris Lake with my family on Saturday to have a looksee. I would not say it's almost full. It appears to be about halfway between where it was when in was drawn down, and full pool. Seventy five % seems pretty accurate. Water is slowly being pumped into the lake and has been since January. By my estimate, it will take several more months to fill at this rate. It looks like the level still needs to come up another 20 - 30 feet to reach full pool.

We went down to the marina docks around 6 p.m. after the gate was closed. There were about 6 people fishing between shore and the gate, and nobody was catching anything, but lo and behold, the one closest to shore hooked into a major bendo and drag screamer while we were there. Unfortunately, after a minute or so, it broke off. He said that he was using a cricket for bait. (?) That surprised me; I figured it was a bass, but it could have been a huge Bluegill or Redear.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 05-07-2018 at 10:40 AM.

I caught the biggest LMB of my life fishing at Perris using a cricket on 2# test line. It weighed in at 10.5#.
    You can see it on YouTube under Dale at Perris Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    perris was 15' from full pool last week headed up to 13' from full pool by the end of this week. Up ~20' from the start of 2018.

Default Perris water level

I was out there Sunday morning, impressed with the amount of water since my last trip there in August. Catching was poor for me but it was fun looking around, tire reef is in 25' to 32' of water for the part I checked, the lake is choked with vegetation- no love for me on the MS Slammer, buzzbait, Mission Fish, and some C-rigging around the tires. Cranked the dam a little as well. But nice to get out there and look around, excited for the future! Water was well over 30' in the hole in the east end, and the rocks behind the island are nice and deep! The hike up the ramp is a lot shorter than it's been in the past, but Nellatom54 is right, I don't think they can change the angle lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180506_064655.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	51055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180506_064709.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	51056  
    Last edited by bassnet; 05-08-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Glad to see its coming back

Just curious can you shore fish off the dam now?

Quote Originally Posted by dday07 View Post
    Just curious can you shore fish off the dam now?
    Yes you can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast