Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perris recent water level?

Wow NFCD1. I do think it was probably a good size bass that hit on a cricket, but we will never know. It surprised me when he said he was using a cricket though.

We've had bass take our crickets while fishing for panfish, but also big catfish and even carp. So who knows.. it could have been anything. A large Redear will really bend your rod and pull drag like a freight train too!

I'm going to check the lake out today . I will report back on water temp and levels...

Went out yesterday for a couple of hours and had only 1 short bite for the 5 hours. I really need to learn a few techniques for Bass fishing. Well the water temps fluctuated from 66 to 69 degrees throughout the day and mostly in the east end of the lake. All the rock piles that I had seen at the east side of the lake, about 15 - 20 feet from the edge of the water, were now under water, the water was very murky so I could not see any more than like about 1 foot down, as I watched my diving crank bait. Hope to learn more this year.

Durdy Daug....Don't get discouraged!

The rising water level is messing with the fishes minds as the areas they're used to going to this time of year are 20ft deeper than last year. The fish are most likely a little dazed and confused still and slowly adjusting while hunting down new territory to call home.

Whenever I plan to go fishing I always watch a episode of Major League Fishing the night before just as a reminder that even the best can get skunked or go many countless hours without even getting a bite....Fish for fun....Not for food!

I live just a couple of miles from Lake Perris and kayak fish it once or twice a week depending on the weather. Not really sure why as I've tried plastics and have caught fish on them, but I'm a crank bait grinding fool. Guess it's the rush I get when the lure gets slammed. The little tap, tap on plastics does nothing for me.

I fished the south and east side of the Island on Monday and wound up catching 3 bass. I peddled out from the launch ramp and caught my 1st bass 2.8lb within 5 minutes of arriving at the Island. Wasn't a huge fish but at least it was aggressive and liked to jump! The 2nd one wasn't even scale worthy .5-.75lb or so. The last one was kind of a strange catch. I tend to throw my crank bait in places others throw a jig or worm. I casted and the lure got stuck in some branched that were about a foot or so out of the water. I really hate going into a fish worthy looking spot to retrieve my lure so I gave it a couple of shakes and it dropped into the water and a 2.4lb bass slammed it instantly. In the end it was three different but similar style crank baits.

Oops...Double posted.

Daily water levels are posted here:

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/QueryDaily?s=PRR

Max pool elevation is 1588'. So subtract max pool from current to get the lake level. Currently about 11' down from full pool.

That is correct contium..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12