Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Seasonal change

Default Seasonal change

Well, it couldn't last forever. The striper bite has taken a sudden downturn. Just a couple weeks or so ago a 10 fish limit was a piece of cake and 30 fish days were pretty common. Suddenly the males were bloated with sperm and feeling the need to breed. Add to that a sudden water level rise for the Solar Cup and coming Balloon and Wine Fest, and we have a recipe for challenging conditions. Yes, some fish can be caught, but you really have to work for them. Personally I enjoy the opportunity to reconnoiter and try different approaches. In another 60 days or so (give or take 30) the boils will start and striper schools will start hunting bass and bluegill fry. To every season turn turn turn......

My dad and i went last Saturday came out 4 shy of our limit. All schoolies but great tacos. Going to try again tomorrow. Tight lines everyone.

PAW, I couldn’t agree with you more. Although it’s been a few weeks for me, I like the challenge of finding them and trying to figure out the bite. Sometimes for me, dropping bait will do for me. But it hasn’t been as fun as it was compared to a few years ago when you had to watch your rod because it can fly into the water. My son lost a lamiglass rod and a Shimano reel during those times. However, thank you very much for the report and I would like to meet you one of these days to put a face on the screen name. Tight lines, sir.