Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Day

Default Good Day

My buddy caught his PB ( 10.2 ) at Diamond Valley Saturday first thing in the morning.
    It was caught on a plastic bait. DVL is alive and well :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_345011.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	51044  

Nice catch!! What was the total amount of Bass caught that trip by the two of you? The reason why I ask is, "it appears to be a quality over quantity year there." I'm just trying to confirm that theory.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-01-2018 at 08:02 AM.

nice hog ( ` (00) ` )

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Nice catch!! What was the total amount of Bass caught that trip by you two? The reason why I ask is, "it appears to be a quality over quantity year there." I'm just trying to confirm that theory.
    I'd agree with that theory. I caught 3 6's and a total of 5 on a trip in March, and my son was skunked that day. The following week he caught 2 including a 7+, and I got skunked.

we had 29 bass on Friday... biggest 5 weighed 28 lbs..

The funny thing about DVL is that there's a lot of dead water then boom boom boom boom.. you catch 3-4 then go a long ways and boom boom boom boom... These fish are concentrated on very specific areas....
    The key is to go out and locate and /or identify those areas and do milk runs in those areas only... it will eliminate a lot of wasted time and casts..

Sunday was very noticeably tougher due to the very cold front... Number overall were down a lot and so was the size although we lost a 10 lber...

It will be right again by the latter part of this week ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    we had 29 bass on Friday... biggest 5 weighed 28 lbs..

The funny thing about DVL is that there's a lot of dead water then boom boom boom boom.. you catch 3-4 then go a long ways and boom boom boom boom... These fish are concentrated on very specific areas....
    The key is to go out and locate and /or identify those areas and do milk runs in those areas only... it will eliminate a lot of wasted time and casts..

Sunday was very noticeably tougher due to the very cold front... Number overall were down a lot and so was the size although we lost a 10 lber...

It will be right again by the latter part of this week ...
    29??? I know your a pro fisherman/guide but I need to see pics to believe that after hearing other pros only catching limits.

you have to remember though too largemouth are finicky. literally i mainly throw soft plastics bam i can have a good day when rent boat when bring it back guy tells me no one else is catching.. they prob threw lures
    mainly. then i skunk. i see guys with bigger baits and lures catching.. its one of the pains about fishing for largemouth. its why you see guys on banks with 6 poles... you seriously need to cycle baits till you get them biting and that one simple color diff on the bait can be bite city or dead action... of course there is morning bite and evening bite and if lucky a afternoon bite but really most other times you have to trick them. and that takes skills by finding them then skills and luck tying the right item and even color pattern. and even then that bass can sit there and ignore you all day. so it also depends on each bass. watch vids when they have 10 fish in a tank and watch how many casts are ignored and how many strikes occur that is exactly what we are dealing with those fish are taken out of fisheries that we fish in. also at castaic its not uncommon to have two guys in a boat and only one guy catching... other guy skunk. i see it happen all the time in vids. though im not sure if once they pattern the fish they both go for the pattern ..an just pay attention to any tournament some guys 5 bag some guys dont.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 05-01-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Nice PIG!

Cya Tuna Vic

Forget the pictures. If Pete said he caught 29 fish and the best 5 were 28 lbs... they were. I have been out with him 4 times and he produces. Pony up the cash and go out with him. It will improve your fishing. It sure did mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPeters View Post
    Forget the pictures. If Pete said he caught 29 fish and the best 5 were 28 lbs... they were. I have been out with him 4 times and he produces. Pony up the cash and go out with him. It will improve your fishing. It sure did mine.
    I have no problem paying him if he can get me 29 fish on the boat, it could be all dinks too or even 5 fish with a 28lb bag... lol
    Last edited by Fnguyen5992; 05-07-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast