Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Henshaw from shore 4/28/18

Default Lake Henshaw from shore 4/28/18

Got there before they opened at like 6:20 and it was a "Little" line of people at the store. Probably about 12 people or so. On my way to walking around to the dam/rocks. I stopped to fish on the side of the mountain. Caught 1 little sunfish looking species. Headed on over to the rocks by the dam and there was a bunch of people fishing there. I had to pretty much find an open spot. The crappie were biting a little bit. I SAW OTHER PEOPLE catching crappie. I seen stringers of about 5 or 6 crappie(mostly 1 to 2 pounds). Most or all were caught off live minnows. But I come from the north so that's not an option. I tied into to 1 crappie that fell of on the LIFT. I left at around 11:30. I ended up catching a mix of about 13 Bluegill and sunfish. Left with 5 (barely)keeper bluegills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunfish thingy2.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	51042  

Quote Originally Posted by Dores34 View Post

Got there before they opened at like 6:20 and it was a "Little" line of people at the store. Probably about 12 people or so. On my way to walking around to the dam/rocks. I stopped to fish on the side of the mountain. Caught 1 little sunfish looking species. Headed on over to the rocks by the dam and there was a bunch of people fishing there. I had to pretty much find an open spot. The crappie were biting a little bit. I SAW OTHER PEOPLE catching crappie. I seen stringers of about 5 or 6 crappie(mostly 1 to 2 pounds). Most or all were caught off live minnows. But I come from the north so that's not an option. I tied into to 1 crappie that fell of on the LIFT. I left at around 11:30. I ended up catching a mix of about 13 Bluegill and sunfish. Left with 5 (barely)keeper bluegills.
    I’ve done good at the dam for catfish with Mac on the bottom

I was thinking about giving that place a whirl. Did you see any boats catch any Crappie?

Bowler-- i threw some shrimp out there for a few mins(that's all I had in the freezer), no love

etucker1959-- I think there were 2 boats out there fishing, but I wasn't paying any attention, sorry. The fish seemed active tho.

Thnx for your report from
    The lake....
    I prefer after spawn up
    There better—-

Cm

Are there still crappies in that lake? 2 year ago was a pretty slow for crappies but very good for carp fishing. I drifted there a couple of times for catfish and crappies, caught some good size catfish and only one crappies. How was the water level there now? Last time which 2 years ago I had some trouble getting my Jon boat back to trailer since the water was too low and I had to use secondary lamp by the beach.

There are a few crappies in there. You couldn't tell from MY stringer.. But they were there and biting.. The water was a couple of ft low.