Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shore Casting Set-Up & Hook-Up Using Shrimp!

Default Shore Casting Set-Up & Hook-Up Using Shrimp!

How To Shore Cast Using Shrimp!

This tutorial is for the beginning angler on how to set-up your equipment to bait cast from shore. Today i'll be using frozen shrimp but will collect live bait (ie crab & glass shrimp) as back up. My main bait casting rig is a custom 13'3" IRW rod with a Shimano Ultegra 5500 CI4. My second rig is a Okuma 10'9" T-40X with a Shimano C3000 Stradic. I'll be casting using the IRW but latter on i'll also quickly rig the Okuma as well, both with frozen shrimp.

This tutorial will visually show how i rig my bait casting rig, better then pointing at a drawing. If you want to just view how it caught a Omilu (Bluefin Trevally) go to time frame 13:48 to see the action.

This method works with all live/dead baits from shrimp, fish, squid to crab for most species under 50lb (for bigger fish i'd add a rub line). In murky water i use cork to suspend the bait off the bottom for predators who visualize their prey. You don't have to use the same equipment that i employ but the technique i use does work. Use it as a template & vary it for your style, location & species you're targeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxvPRYv-c2s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	51039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	51040