Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Salamander Sinkers  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lowrance or Hummingbird ? Which one should I buy?

Default Lowrance or Hummingbird ? Which one should I buy?

I currently have one Lowrance HDS7 Gen3 on the console but I need at least one more fish finder up at the bow. I am still learning the fish finders and I do not mind either of both fishfinder brands but not sure what fish finder and what size to buy. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Whether you know the way to interpret a finder screen, there is no need to be ashamed. There are many anglers who are very experienced but they have never seen a finder in their entire life, especially the ones with sonar technology. Reading a fish finder could be complex, but it is very crucial to know this before you buy one.
    Some reference source I found, there are quite a lot of useful information, hope to help people with the same problem with me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2gXKF3LD-4
    https://fishfinderbrand.com
    Last edited by Alexallen; 05-15-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Alexallen,

I bought a 5" Lorance for my front of the boat, mainly to keep the costs down. I just mainly use it for water depth and not locating fish. It works for me.

Might want to go with Lowrance so you can pair it with your console unit- but the Humminbird units look so nice! My eyes aren't great so I like the most screen size I can afford. If you're mounting the bow graph on a bracket, size won't matter, but if you want to flush mount it in the deck it will need to fit- unless you like cutting up your boat... "Do you feel lucky punk?"
    Last edited by bassnet; 04-27-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks for both of the tips. I am currently looking at the Lowrance Hook 7 Sonar X Mid/High/Downscan and also the Lowrance Hook2 7 Series Sonar X GPS SplitShot HDI but I am not sure which version I need since I already have a transducer and cable connection on the trolling motor from the previous boat owner. I also found the RAM mounts they look nice but which version is better reccomended?

The Ram Mounts are really, really great. I have them on both my console and front mount. They're a little "pricey", but worth the investment.