Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Latest Fishing Tackle Purchase

Default Latest Fishing Tackle Purchase

Bait monkey found me again.
    I picked up 4 packs of Lunkerhunt PF01 2.5-Inch frog lures and some frog lures of a new brand online last Friday. Let’s take a brief look at them before field test. Hope this would help with the decision of frog lures for the upcoming topwater fishing days.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frog lures.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	51032
    Firstly, I’m going to talk about Lunkerhunt frog. With this lure, I feel the plastic is really soft. This is good because it allows for better hookups. As we can see in the picture, it’s bigger than other frog lures and can extend to 4 inches on retrieval because of the legs. To be honest, I thought it’s a little too long. The frog with folded rubber legs gives the realistically “kicked” when you retrieve it, then you’re going to miss the fish. This may be the reason why many people prefer the frogs with skirts instead of realistic legs.
    Also, I bought some other shaped frog lures. The 2 frog lures on the right top of pic are from a frog lure tackle box. Those things that come together with a plastic box run about $13. Considering its price, they are the best for the beginners. No need to worry about snags or losing your lures. You spend the same money but get 4 more lures as well as a box.
    Then the 2 frogs with single hook on the left top would be my favorites by far. I love the hookup ratio, it’s 5-10° to a horizontal line and sitting tight up against the body making it a 100% weedless topwater frog.
    Another pic of Lunkerhunt and the single hook frog lure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frog.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	51033
    Wish the weather would be nice so I can try them out asap. Can't wait to use them and slay some big bass.

I've always had good luck with Lunker Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I've always had good luck with Lunker Hunt
    Yes, it casts very well and performs well in the water and over the pads. But i need to squeeze it after each cast to stop it from turning into a diving frog, which bothers me a lot.

the topwater frog is a great fishing lure, I usually go after pike with this and my personal best was a 20lbs pike from Michigan lakes , have you caught any big bass with that product yet? you should do well over 10lbs with it.