Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fishing LA harbor

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,174

    Default Fishing LA harbor

    Last weekend I took my boat out with my friend and his dad. We did very good. I caught the darkest sandbass I have ever seen. Check out the video of the trip.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whittier
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Very nice guys,cool getting your dad out there. The skiff is looking good,nice finding a little sculpin hole in the harbor,we fished some of those areas a couple of weeks ago.
    If you fish the wall before the sun comes up you should do well on the Calicos,we caught quite a few up to 4lbs,but as soon as the sun comes out they kinda shut way down.
    Headed back out in a couple of weeks again,thanks for the video I enjoy them and the local info!

    Cya Tuna Vic

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Very nice guys,cool getting your dad out there. The skiff is looking good,nice finding a little sculpin hole in the harbor,we fished some of those areas a couple of weeks ago.
    If you fish the wall before the sun comes up you should do well on the Calicos,we caught quite a few up to 4lbs,but as soon as the sun comes out they kinda shut way down.
    Headed back out in a couple of weeks again,thanks for the video I enjoy them and the local info!

    Cya Tuna Vic
    Yeah I was supposed to find them that shallow. The first one I lost I thought I hooked into a halibut. If you had a kid the Mac bite was red hot when you found a school. Plus we say a whale in the harbor too. At first one guy told me he saw one but I was like are you sure it wasn’t a dolphin. He’s like no it was a whale. So when was saw it I was that guy was smoking the good stuff. Lol

  4. #4

    Default

    Kool fishing with your Dad

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtogo View Post
    Kool fishing with your Dad
    That my friends dad. That was his first time on my boat and he liked it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    That my friends dad. That was his first time on my boat and he liked it.
    In that case, kudos to you for taking them both fishing. I wish my dad still fished............................

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vdisney View Post
    In that case, kudos to you for taking them both fishing. I wish my dad still fished............................
    Well me and my friend go out every weekend but his dad doesnít get the chance to that much. One time Iíve taken his dad on once on a limited load 3/4 day a few years back because my friend had work and couldnít go and I asked if his dad want to go and he say yes. He did good that day he got one yellowtail and I went 0 for 6 on yellowtail

  8. #8

    Default

    This one is really a nice video that I mostly like, I see some videos & I do notice people make video just of fishing but they don't show their starting, location & fishing equipments, That's I love this video as show some starting point & fishing techniques.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sophiagrace77 View Post
    This one is really a nice video that I mostly like, I see some videos & I do notice people make video just of fishing but they don't show their starting, location & fishing equipments, That's I love this video as show some starting point & fishing techniques.
    Thanks that's the way my friend likes to do it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •