Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: San Bernardino mountain lakes

Default San Bernardino mountain lakes

Whats the best lake to go to right now ? Planning on going this weekend for a day, Was thinking of either jenks or GVL even though they haven't stocked. Or maybe trying Big bear again , even though i havent had too much luck there in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    Whats the best lake to go to right now ? Planning on going this weekend for a day, Was thinking of either jenks or GVL even though they haven't stocked. Or maybe trying Big bear again , even though i havent had too much luck there in the past.
    Silverwood lake was stocked with trout last week and ppl have been doing good. If you do go to big bear lake try fishing near the red house on the north shore near the dam.

+ 1 on Silverwood...

Thanks, i was looking at silverwood too, it'll probably be between silverwood and big bear.... ill post an update after i go

Update: My girlfriend and I caught nothing today at big bear 4 poles in the water, 3 for trout , and 1 for catfish... no bites. set up at the dam around 7, only a few other people around.
    left at around 1 to visit jenks and we were able to catch a small blue gill , and a small bass. At least the weather was nice and scenery was great

Jenks saved the day on the skunk.. good to know. I never been there but heard that you can catch a bunch of bluegill and/or sunfish there. I may go this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dores34 View Post
    Jenks saved the day on the skunk.. good to know. I never been there but heard that you can catch a bunch of bluegill and/or sunfish there. I may go this summer.
    a lot of small bass in that lake as well, but get prepared to deal with a lot of weeds as well

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    a lot of small bass in that lake as well, but get prepared to deal with a lot of weeds as well
    Someone caught a nice catfish out of there last fall

Silverwood sucks go to Big Bear.