Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris 4-14 (report and general intel)

Default Perris 4-14 (report and general intel)

Hey gang,

Hit up Perris Saturday for about a three hour session in the p.m. Initially a lot of lake lice around, but with the higher water level I was able to hide back in the east end and threaten anybody with a jet ski bodily harm if they got to close. Fortunate for me i didn't have to lay down the law and take lake rangering in to my own hands. Both main launch ramps are wide open with the higher water so none of the long launch and trailer load waits of the last few years. Did i mention higher water levels?? Marking thirty foot spots behind the island and submerged brush everywhere. That dead zone of the last few years is an fishable as heck now. The place is filling nicely and that launch ramp walk of death is darn near joggable now. Bernasconi is set to open April 28th for shore anglers, but careful if you park outside the gate and walk in. Thieves and creeps make that a daily stop for stealing and breaking in. The third launch back in the east end will be open Memorial day for p.w.c. launches. P.w.c. is a know it all term for a jet ski used around lake ranger circles. I think it stands for (p) please (w) wear a (c) condemn in regards to some of the jet ski jokers I see out there going the wrong way in traffic, throttle to the rubber behind buoys in no wake zones, and especially the one guy riding the jet ski backwards facing east while the jet ski ran West.

I got six out there yesterday with the biggest 20 inches. Everything cpred ( caught and released). If you plan on keeping fish you might reconsider and go to Long John Silvers. They taste better and you wont be hurting an already hurt resource. I know, I know you paid for your license and you have the right to keep your legal limit. Heck, I have the right to have a sex change, but I don't mind fore going that right and staying male.

As for tips and tactics. I was working the weedlines. Now before someone sweats in out and thinks I'm giving away their secret spot. The whole east end and south side are weedlined including sunken forests further out. I was Carolina rigging, throwing Ikas , spinnerbaits, and never got around to a wacky senko.If you got something in your arsenal of tricks that works in dense forest and cover. That is the ticket.

As I said finished up with six bass and long distance released two more. Most guys count those so I guess I caught eight. Experience would have been more pleasant, but some group had a live musical performance featuring "One Guy That Cant Carry a Tune and the Screechers". Thought about taking my shot at the Mic (been told I sing and dance well) to carry a few notes and then chucking the mic in the lake in hopes the Mic wasn't waterproof and they didnt have a back up.

Ended up leaving the lake at closing for boats (830) and heading for Del Taco. Talked to a couple bass pros in a boat worth more then my house who had been all day and struggled. Said the water being added so quick on the bite jumbled up.

I know, I know this post is worthless without pics. That is why i tried to explain everything in vivid detail as you literally had a picture in your head of the action...
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-16-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Yes its worthless with no pics , but the sex change part, now that gets me. Or the looks on your dogs faces when you put a skirt on, lol ! Come on out here dude, the Bassmasters Classic is gonna be held on my backdoor next year dude !

Dave you still in Tennessee? How is the fishing??

Thanks for the report Rod.
    I'm going this week and hope to find a few as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Thanks for the report Rod.
    I'm going this week and hope to find a few as well.
    I tell you what, Brent, even on a weekend in the evenings that east end is as still and quiet as a church on Tuesday. Nice and peaceful. I thought I heard a church mouse belch in some of the dense cover near dry land..it was that quiet. Of course, saturday mornings it is probably combat fishing/ every man for himself back there.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-16-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Great post Husker. It’s been interesting fishing at Perris these past few weeks with the steadily rising water. I need to start posting again.

Not a lot of life on this board as far as comments. At the time of writing this only three people chiming and almost 300 lurkers. And of those three guys two are buddies I have known before...Brent and Muskyman DAve. Thank God for bass413.............I was beginning to wander if Lake Perris had completely fallen off the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Not a lot of life on this board as far as comments. At the time of writing this only three people chiming and almost 300 lurkers. And of those three guys two are buddies I have known before...Brent and Muskyman DAve. Thank God for bass413.............I was beginning to wander if Lake Perris had completely fallen off the grid.
    It's funny Rod about the members to lurkers ratio. (it can be as much as 100 to 1 in favor of the lurkers) That creates a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is, "there is very few Haters on here any more." So you can write a good fish report and get little or no negative comments. The bad thing of course is, "very few positive comments." But keep in mind, any ones fish reports are still read by many and I'm sure very much appreciated by the masses. You just don't get very many High 5's!!!

HuskerRod,

Thanks for the great report. I was out there a couple of weeks ago and saw a lot of big LMB, females, looking for a bedding partner. Both myself and the two guys with me struggled to get anything to bite. I hooked up nice one along the southerly shore and naturally it wrapped on a submerged bush. Free-lined him/her, (?) and couldn't get it free; so I finally gave up and broke it off. One of the guys with me caught one short; but that was it for us. Really frustrating with all of the big bass swimming around in the swallows. The carp were also going crazy in the brush...couldn't figure out what or why they were doing what they were. Thrashing the brush like they were mad at it. One of the guys with me said he'd heard they are trying to knock off leaves or something from the brush to eat it.

I am going to take my youngest son, (now 37), and my 3 grandkids out to Perris on Sunday and see if one or all of them can get a bass. Two of them have never caught a bass. It should be a real circus with 5 of us on an 18" boat Skeeter. The kids enjoy riding in the boat as much, if not more, than fishing. The youngest two, 6 & 9, are good for about a half hour of fishing then it's time for a boat ride. The older one, now 18, gets into fishing since, he caught a 4 lber at DVL.

Now I just need to figure out what I can hook them up with that will give them a little bit of a chance with all of the submerged brush. I've built all 3 of them fishing rods , the 2 younger one have panfish rods and the older one a med-light spinning rod.

Thanks again for the report, I had been curious if the bite had loosen up out the since my last trip.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 04-17-2018 at 11:37 AM.

My son and I camped at Perris Easter weekend. We did ok on Saturday , we caught 12 mostly dinks except my son's 6.5 lber.. On Sunday my son stumbled on a pattern and it was game on. We caught 17, with 12 of them better than 4 lbs. and 4 that were 5 + lbs. Our best 5 were 27+. We were off the water by 12:45. The following Sunday we smashed them again (he more than me). We caught 12 all in the 5 lb. range including a double his 6 mine 5 in pic. Last Sunday we went out again, and it was much tougher. We caught 7, but nothing over 4. The area we fish was a zoo, including a guy who came in on us within 10 ft. I threw my arms up and he proceeded to tell me he fished that area for 3 days in a derby. WTF then get there at 5:45 like I did. All in all the addition of water has created a whole new Lake Perris and we love it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 6-5 double.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	51005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast