Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond valley bite off latley?

Default Diamond valley bite off latley?

I am new here and wondered if anyone is catching any LMB out at DVL. Been out there 2X in mid and late March and only came away with one fish albeit a 7.5lb LMB. We were seeing a few fish looking for beds but were real skiddish most were in 20-40 ft of water. Anyone else having trouble ?

I had a buddy in my bass club who said he was out there the weekend before last and said he caught 12. He didn't say what he had caught them on; but I suspect it was the D/S or Neko Rig.

Good to hear That's what I am used to out there...I use Wacky, Neko, drop shot etc..My buddy and I were out there all day on Good Friday..not even a bite, guess just bad fishing on our part. Will be out there on Sunday and hope to have a nice report.

They've been dropping the water since late Feb.
    I always felt messing with water level effects the bite.

We were out there today and only caught 4 Bass. (one was decent)

Ive been targeting very specific prespawn areas and getting really good fish.. But the spots are very very specific..

Thanks for the info .. good to hear a few fish are beIng caught, we will be out there tomorrow fishing our favorite holes and hope to provide some additional insight as to what the bite is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Basser Arafat View Post
    Thanks for the info .. good to hear a few fish are beIng caught, we will be out there tomorrow fishing our favorite holes and hope to provide some additional insight as to what the bite is like.
    If you’Re not getting bit down size your line from 6 pounds to 4 pounds. Change your action. Try deadsticking the bait.... If your action is slow it probably isn’t slow enough when th water is in the 60s. As for places to fish.... Try points first then secondary points then flat sandy areas off the points where they spawn. This way you’ll hit pre-spawn , spawning and post spawn fish. This is my DVL 101 Basics for newbies... Keep it Simple,,,, natural colors like green or ox blood when the water is clean and the sun is high... Margarita Mutilator or Folstead Special roboworms anytime.
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 04-15-2018 at 06:36 AM.

khanhgpham, thanks for your post. That is excellent information, especially for a fella like me who just fishes for fun.

Default No Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Basser Arafat View Post
    I am new here and wondered if anyone is catching any LMB out at DVL. Been out there 2X in mid and late March and only came away with one fish albeit a 7.5lb LMB. We were seeing a few fish looking for beds but were real skiddish most were in 20-40 ft of water. Anyone else having trouble ?
    I was there Friday but had no luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast