Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Halibut for my little bro

Default Halibut for my little bro

Took my little brother out on one of the little rental boats and did pretty well on the bass and little halibut. It was our first time out there so we really didn't know what to do haha , we were just drifting around casting where we though the fish would be. On my little brothers first cast he hooked up into a nice little short and it gave him a great fight, he had a smile on his face stretched from ear to ear. Nothing better than seeing that! All fish were caught slow rolling swimbaits on the bottom. Video Of the fish will be on the GTEAM OUTDOORS youtube channel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1906.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	50988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1904.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	50987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1909.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	50989  
    Last edited by Gteam; 04-10-2018 at 12:34 AM.

First cast his first halibut? Cool thier both got hooked at the same time!
    Hopefully it’s the first of many skiff and fishing trips with your brother,saw a report where someone got a yellowtail in the harbor the other day,can you imagine the smile on his face if he hooks up on one of those?

Cya Tuna Vic

Great report!

The tug is the drug! And if there weren't a lot of shorts coming up, the population wouldn't be stable, so shorts are a good thing!

VIC yeah he had a blast so we will be definitely be doing it more often, and I can't imagine what he would do if he hooked up into one of those things aha
    BOB right! ill take shorts all day long ! aha

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    First cast his first halibut? Cool thier both got hooked at the same time!
    Hopefully it’s the first of many skiff and fishing trips with your brother,saw a report where someone got a yellowtail in the harbor the other day,can you imagine the smile on his face if he hooks up on one of those?

Cya Tuna Vic
    I think that was San Diego bay where that yellowtail was caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Gteam View Post
    VIC yeah he had a blast so we will be definitely be doing it more often, and I can't imagine what he would do if he hooked up into one of those things aha
    BOB right! ill take shorts all day long ! aha

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I think that was San Diego bay where that yellowtail was caught.
    Nope Long Beach Harbor!!! I saw the picture, "the Yellowtail" was about 15 pounds.