Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Live bait

Default Live bait

Hey everyone.
    Hoping for some help here.
    Would like to take my wife fishing at some of the local Riverside County lakes. Perris, Skinner, DVL, etc.
    Would anyone know if you can buy shiners anywhere in Riverside County?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Hey everyone.
    Hoping for some help here.
    Would like to take my wife fishing at some of the local Riverside County lakes. Perris, Skinner, DVL, etc.
    Would anyone know if you can buy shiners anywhere in Riverside County?

Thanks!
    I got bad news for you, "No!!" Unless someone found something I couldn't find. The only 2 places I found was Lake Hodges concession stand maybe. Or the only reliable source was 2 now 1 tackle stores in Lakeside Ca. (Deep in the San Diego area off of the 8 Freeway)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-09-2018 at 05:50 PM.

4.10. BAIT FISH USE IN THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT.

Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:

(a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
    (b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
    (c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

Brent, just tie up a Senko. I've caught fish in my bath tub using Senkos.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I got bad news for you, "No!!" Unless someone found something I couldn't find. The only 2 places I found was Lake Hodges concession stand maybe. Or the only reliable source was 2 now 1 tackle stores in Lakeside Ca. (Deep in the San Diego area off of the 8 Freeway)
    I had a home above Hodges. The bait store by the bar always hooked me up with jumbo shiners. Nothing better than a kayak, rod and reel, bucket of shiners dropped off a bobber, bigass crappie loved um.

True very true

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I had a home above Hodges. The bait store by the bar always hooked me up with jumbo shiners. Nothing better than a kayak, rod and reel, bucket of shiners dropped off a bobber, bigass crappie loved um.
    Thanks Seal. I've heard Hodges has some slabs in it and it's not far from me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    4.10. BAIT FISH USE IN THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT.

Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:

(a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
    (b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
    (c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

Brent, just tie up a Senko. I've caught fish in my bath tub using Senkos.
    Thanks DS
    I found that a little later yesterday when I had more time and it seems unless I catch them there or they were caught there I can't use them.
    Hodges is looking better and better